DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_BK View Post
    I'd assume the policy hasn't changed but I'm not certain of it as I've not had this need again.
    Sounds like the policy did change because what you describe is not how FGC with an ultimate license has operated without a network connection for a number of years.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The Ultimate license has always required an Internet connection in order to host Free/Demo license users; for both FGC and FGU.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The Ultimate license has always required an Internet connection in order to host Free/Demo license users; for both FGC and FGU.

Regards,
    JPG
    But not to load the campaign up.

True, but that's just a bug. It's actually an exception error during the local LAN server startup due to the disconnected state of the user network connection.

Regards,
    JPG

This issue should now be fixed with the 4.0.2 release a few minutes ago. Info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Release-v4-0-2
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Happy to say 4.0.2 fixed this for me.

I can neither confirm nor deny whether I figured this out by moving the internet cable from my desktop over to my laptop for a work Zoom meeting, and then booting up FGU on the desktop during the meeting. If that happened, it would be really appalling.

Also confirmed working. Using my ultimate license, I disconnected from wifi (don't even have wired network at my house), then hosted a campaign, and ran a second instance of the game and connected to localhost. Am relieved and grateful that this was a bug that's now fixed and wasn't an intentional decision.

Only minor complaint that's really NBD is when clicking on Join Game, it be nice if rather than the console log popping up with errors, the server lobby list would just say "No Internet connection detected" or something more user friendly like that.

Thread Information