FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 9 First 12345 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Oh, wow. I wasn't aware of that! Thanks for the link, it was 15 pages of very interesting reading!

If I am taking the good news out of it all- it's that I can talk about it

I have been adding even sweeter functionality to STP in the lead up to it's implementation into the base game, and I have been writing with it's abilities extensively. It's intensely powerful. I'm writing turn-key procedurally-generated adventures over here with levels of detail ranging from the history of lands 1,000s of years ago down to the excessive dirt under an NPC's fingernails in the backroom of a seedy tavern, and everything in between. I can have a merchant with a rich family history, have a city with a street named after his great grandfather, and a cousin in the next kingdom over using that famous lineage to try and secure an ambassador position. Their last names can all match, and even a defining characteristic of their family line like a strong facial bone structure, or a myriad of other details. These details can be shared between templates and used at will.

Oh, and I've added some grammatical filtering. Now your results can intelligently capitalize if they are the beginning of a sentence, and the story template can automatically fix indefinite articles for you if you wish, so the results flow as smooth as a David Attenborough narration.

It's all very exciting, and I can't wait to make the next video to show what I am doing with it!

Is there a roadmap for when this is incorporated in FG? Or is it there, but is it FGU only (I'm still on FGC)?

There is no roadmap that we share. Our current priority is vision/lighting and community forge. This project is one of many projects on our list to look at for our ongoing plans.

Regards,
    JPG

When the extension will be added on a new release?
    I really want the extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Fracz View Post
    When the extension will be added on a new release?
    I really want the extension.
    Like Moonwizard said above- they have other fish to fry 1st. Trust me, as much passion as I have for story templates and the power this extension gives them- I want them to finish up their vision/lighting initiatives 10x moreso!

I am SO STOKED for what they currently have their hands on. If they stopped that to implement this, I’d be upset.

That said, I poured hundreds upon hundreds of hours playtesting the extension code, tweaking it to make the most sense I could to the end user without issues. In the end, if they wanted to, they could just drop the code in and press play and it would have no effect on existing game mechanics or published modules. Of course they can’t do that due to the responsibility they have to make sure I’ve done a good job (always QC, we are only human!) Additionally along those lines, I commented the code overly excessively to paint as full a picture as I possibly could, and I made a video just for them (in addition to the functionality videos I had already published) exploring the functionality even further and the code behind the scenes to assist with ease of implementation. All that to say, I hope when they DO get the bandwidth to implement it, that I have made the endeavor quick and painless for them.

As always- they can always reach out to me if they have other questions, and when it goes live I will make a comprehensive tutorial for everyone
    Last edited by JimSocks; March 23rd, 2021 at 16:33.

I have a suggestion, for a feature to add on the tool for the new release. I think its really necesary to force dice rolls (results). Sometimes I want to search for a specific row in a table.

Regards!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fracz View Post
    I have a suggestion, for a feature to add on the tool for the new release. I think its really necesary to force dice rolls (results). Sometimes I want to search for a specific row in a table.

Regards!!
    Hmm. I suppose I don’t understand why you’d need to roll at all, if you were going to force a result? Couldn’t you just type (or copy/paste) what you wanted from the table into the text block of the template, instead of forcing an arbitrary roll?

Quote Originally Posted by JimSocks View Post
    I'm writing turn-key procedurally-generated adventures over here with levels of detail ranging from the history of lands 1,000s of years ago down to the excessive dirt under an NPC's fingernails in the backroom of a seedy tavern, and everything in between. I can have a merchant with a rich family history, have a city with a street named after his great grandfather, and a cousin in the next kingdom over using that famous lineage to try and secure an ambassador position. Their last names can all match, and even a defining characteristic of their family line like a strong facial bone structure, or a myriad of other details. These details can be shared between templates and used at will.
    This is *exactly* what I've been bashing my head trying to accomplish in FGU for 3 months to no success. I'm trying to build Ready Ref Sheets or huge random table tomes like necromancer games' classic Mother of All Encounter Tables to generate hex crawl features & encounters randomly and on the fly. It's a current mess of tables & story templates that at the best of times spit out results that are jumbled and need human-parsing.

Where can I learn this wizardry!?

Quote Originally Posted by OrionsArmpit View Post
    Where can I learn this wizardry!?
    It’s coming! Once it makes it into the live code I’ll check to make sure my tutorial videos are still applicable, and then I’ll teach everyone the wizarding ways!

You have no idea how much I'm looking forward to this!

Thread Information