Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    Sure.. but as Rosetta 2 is a new system, it is unknown exactly how faithfully it will run x86 code. That's not to say (or imply) that it will be unreliable as a whole. But FG (and perhaps Unity) may do something a little odd that Rosetta doesn't emulate correctly. Then people would come back and yell at Smiteworks: "But you said it would work!"

Smiteworks is taking the correct approach here and not claiming support until they can at least get their hands on the new hardware to put the program through its paces and they have the confidence that it works before coming forward to say that it is supported. End users can evaluate for themselves whether they want to take the risk themselves, Smiteworks has to be concerned with the commercial aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagix View Post
    Smiteworks is taking the correct approach here and not claiming support until they can at least get their hands on the new hardware to put the program through its paces and they have the confidence that it works before coming forward to say that it is supported. End users can evaluate for themselves whether they want to take the risk themselves, Smiteworks has to be concerned with the commercial aspects.
    Apple has had a developer machine available for a couple months now, so the hardware has been available. That's why so many developers have M1 support already (or will by next week).

My machine comes next week, so I guess I'll find out how well FG Unity runs under Rosetta. It runs like crap on my 8-year old mac mini, so I figure it should at least by usable, if not quite a bit better, under Rosetta.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    * The native emulation for the new hardware and OS will run existing Mac applications for the short term.
    * The Unity game engine will have the ability to build native applications for the new hardware by Q1 2021.
    * We can use the Unity game engine to build a "universal" application using our existing Mac hardware.

So, we'll know more as actual consumer hardware hits the streets (which is not even available for sale until next week).

Regards,
    JPG
    Quick update.
    Yeah. Everything works fine. I migrated over to an M1 air today and it "just works". My 2013 laptop would get screaming hot and die running FGU for more than 10 minutes; I've had it up in the background for 3x that and it's not even warm. Also startup was much quicker.

(I suppose it's rosetta but it's not obvious).

Anyway sorry for worrying about it.

Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 20.48.35.png

Update on the update. It stopped working... attached the error message. It worked multiple times before.

Quote Originally Posted by Graf View Post
    Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 20.48.35.png

Update on the update. It stopped working... attached the error message. It worked multiple times before.
    So I had that happen last week. I deleted the app and re-downloaded/installed it and it worked fine after that. Not sure what was causing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimwhit View Post
    So I had that happen last week. I deleted the app and re-downloaded/installed it and it worked fine after that. Not sure what was causing that.
    That worked. But then it stopped working again. Will try to redownload. The secret may be to never turn the program off..... (Which is tricky).

It's pretty time-consuming having to redownload everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Graf View Post
    It's pretty time-consuming having to redownload everything.
    Definitely annoying. No clue what caused this to start happening. There wasn't a Big Sur update right beforehand, so I don't know what it could be. Maybe a Fantasy Grounds update broke something.

Blog Entries
    Deleting and uninstalling is rarely the best approach. Often times a router/modem or security software will flag the large download of numerous files as a flood attack or similar and will stop the download half-way through. Uninstalling just means you have to start over. Instead, check your network security for things like, QoS, Flood Protection, Parental Controls, and Advanced Security. See if any of them might have settings or warnings that they blocked attacks or possible attacks.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Deleting and uninstalling is rarely the best approach. Often times a router/modem or security software will flag the large download of numerous files as a flood attack or similar and will stop the download half-way through. Uninstalling just means you have to start over. Instead, check your network security for things like, QoS, Flood Protection, Parental Controls, and Advanced Security. See if any of them might have settings or warnings that they blocked attacks or possible attacks.
    I'm sorry but... what are you talking about? Are you sure you're responding to the right thread?

The program used to launch, now it doesn't. No one's talking about networks, hacking or.... whatever.

Thread Information