5E Character Create Playlist

Palladium (Rifts) - What features do you want in a ruleset?

Hello everyone,

I am creating a Palladium universe ruleset and I wanted to know what areas are your greatest pain points in the Palladium world that could use some automated help.

I have limited experience running games but it seems to me that the first point of pain is character creation so that is my starting point but I want to know the war stories that would have been greatly helped with some automation. The more input I get the better I can make the experience.

Automation Wishlist

1. Character Creation
    2. Auto updating character sheet w/ tabs for basic info, combat bonuses, psionics, magic, equipment, etc.
    3. Opponent tracker (basic bonuses/damage/MDC/map token

Thanks,

Blog Entries
    I'm wondering if you might not get better visibility asking this in the CoreRPG or Tavern forums. Here is mostly developers so I fear you won't get many interested folks reading your post.

Let me know if you would like this thread moved.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Yes please move it where you think it will get the most visibility.

Thanks,

Blog Entries
    MOD: the Tavern should be good. Future ruleset specific discussion would best be in CoreRPG, but since you r proposing a new ruleset, I think the Tavern will be best for you.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

JHarp,
    I do not have any stories to share is it has been several decades since I have played Rifts. But, I would like to share my enthusiasm at the prospect of having either Rifts or Rifts Chaos Earth ruleset. I have not heard if Palladium had taken the plunge to support VTTs. I know another publisher I like has not yet decided to fully support VTTs either. It would be nice if both did. Anywho, best of luck for you.
    FGC & FGU Ultimate license holder
    Pacific Time zone (UTC -8)
    Availability: Changes constantly
    Let's roll them dice!

Favorite philosophy: Friendly fire isn't. Never share a fighting hole with a glory chaser.

Famous last words: "Hey, what does this button do?"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jharp View Post
    I am creating a Palladium universe ruleset
    Just curious -- Official or community/personal ruleset?

The intention is an official ruleset and therefore I will need to work out some Palladium/SW issues. So any dreams on the automation?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jharp View Post
    The intention is an official ruleset and therefore I will need to work out some Palladium/SW issues. So any dreams on the automation?
    Before you get too far in your journey, you might want to explore whether Palladium and Smiteworks are interested.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Kevin Siembieda posted back in October that it was him not getting around to signing a contract with SW that was holding an official ruleset up. So it sounds like both Palladium and SmiteWorks have intentions for it, but either the contract or having a developer available are holding it up. Sounds like we've got a willing developer now, so it's really just finding out the state of the contracts that Siembieda was talking about.

Thread Information