DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
    Ah correction again. Sorry, I'm still getting use to the differences in Unity. When I went into a new game, opened the PC Selection window; clicked on the "Import Character" button at the bottom of the PC Selection window and my two characters were there available to import. So /save worked.
    Last edited by Tabarkus; December 7th, 2020 at 03:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabarkus View Post
    Hey everyone who played in Leo's game, I got the character command wrong for saving your character to your computer. It should have been /exportchar [name]. So you likely don't have a copy of your character should you want to use it again. Thanks for the game, it was fun.
    Your original instructions (/save) actually did work for me (I have an ultimate Unity licence...not sure if that makes a difference).

Blog Entries
    I can send them to you within a couple days if you need them, but it sounds like it might be ok.

I was thinking about treasure, and it seems to me that Lord Featherstone would see that you are rewarded for rescuing him. He would want to have friends like you whether you recognize his claim to the throne or not.

Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    I can send them to you within a couple days if you need them, but it sounds like it might be ok.

I was thinking about treasure, and it seems to me that Lord Featherstone would see that you are rewarded for rescuing him. He would want to have friends like you whether you recognize his claim to the throne or not.
    Ya, I was wondering about that. In general, do funnels give out treasure/gold? It seems weird to level up to 1 after a funnel, but not be able to afford an actual weapon...

I've run a half dozen funnels or so; some have had a lot of treasure and some have had little. Though I must say the one with the most treasure is one of the older funnels. Also DCC has the more old school mindset of 'finders keepers', meaning if you miss hidden treasure you just miss it. I don't know about this particular funnel we ran in but overall my observation has been that treasure is much less than in a game like D&D 5e.

Blog Entries
    It's definitely unusual to have no treasure in a DCC adventure. I wonder if it has anything to do with being a "convention module" - maybe it was written with the expectation that the PCs would not be played again. You didn't overlook anything. Here are a few excerpts...

In the temple:

There are no armor and weapons other than staves to be found but PCs can always scrounge food, animal feed, horse tack, white robes, soap, and salt.

Lord Featherstone felt very random if you don't fight him, but it had potential to be a deadly battle for a handful of 0-level PCs. The text is vague in my opinion, and I’m curious how the GMs in the group would have run him:

If the PCs attack, the nobleman and his entourage will fight back but aren’t above surrender or even begging for their lives should the tide turn against them.

Lord Featherstone tries to avoid combat, doing his best to remain stoic in the face of this horde of mutants.

If the PCs will go after it with the spear and destroy the heart, he promises them the friendship and protection of House Featherstone.

Note that Lord Featherstone will do absolutely anything to be king—he wants that spear, and while he will bargain and deal fairly if he can, he is absolutely comfortable with treachery and violence.

If Lord Featherstone survives he will still attempt to get the spear from them, but he will be more wary of them now that they proved themselves greater than the challenge of the demon’s heart. Depending on circumstances, he may become the PCs’ patron, or worst enemy.

I think we finished with 7 PCs, so if you were able to kill him (not guaranteed), each PC would net 30 gp and 2 sp in coins and jewelry, plus the gear:

• 2 warclubs (dmg 1d6)
    • 2 ring mail (AC +4, check -5, move -5', fumble d14)
    • rapier (dmg 1d6)
    • studded leather armor
    • spyglass
    • 3 daggers

I have a few ideas if we (I hope) want to play again as level 1 PCs...

1. Roll starting gold for level 1 PCs according to the core rules - avg. warrior or dwarf = 32.5 gp, wizard or thief = 16.5 gp, cleric = 42 gp, elf = 13 gp, and halfling = 31.5 gp.
    2. Featherstone rewards you with 30 gp and 2 sp each for saving him (i.e. the treasure you would have gained from defeating him).
    3. Featherstone "invests" in your next adventure and outfits you with one piece of armor up to AC +4, one weapon dealing damage 1d6 or less, plus any equipment within reason. In exchange he gets a 50% cut of the treasure from that expedition.

Blog Entries
    The spear grants a +3 bonus against the World Ender and anything he has corrupted, then the bonus reverts to +1 after he is destroyed.

I would like to play again. I think some kind of reward or alliance with Featherstone makes the most sense RP wise, at least from Cayce’s perspective. I don’t think Doog would want to give up the spear, though it’s more of a pike. He would miss out on the dwarven shield bash if he uses it but it is a cool and powerful weapon.

Blog Entries
    I feel like Featherstone would want to profit from this relationship, so he would offer to supply you with gear for your next adventure in exchange for splitting the treasure. He would of course want you to bequeath the spear to him should everyone die. I’m sure he has an agent who can get that all down on parchment
    Last edited by leozelig; December 9th, 2020 at 13:21.

Blog Entries
    I’m going to start planning a level 1 adventure. Here are a few suggestions, but feel free to make your own requests...

The Old God’s Return - The first “holiday” module from Goodman Games. Written by my personal favorite Michael Curtis.
    https://goodman-games.com/store/prod...ds-return-pdf/

Shadow of the Beakman - Written for “DCC Day” in June 2020 by Harley Stroh, another DCC legend. Has a nice digital pack with maps and tokens.
    https://goodman-games.com/store/prod...men-print-pdf/

People of the Pit - A classic dungeon crawl by Joseph Goodman himself. Based on the works of classic pulp author Abraham Merritt.
    https://goodman-games.com/store/prod...le-of-the-pit/

The first two are one-shots, the last one would run for a few sessions at least.

Thread Information