Starfinder Playlist

LFP - 5E - Thu - GMT+1 - Living History of the Forgotten Realms

Hey everyone,

I'm simply reposting my add from Discord here in the hope to find some players who can meet the necessary requirements:

D&D Ruleset: 5th Edition

Players: 3 players already present, looking for 2-3 more

Sessions/Time Zone: Weekly; Thursdays, GMT+1/UTC+1

Planned Start Date: Thursday, 7th of January

Duration: 3 hours, from 7/8pm ~ 10/11pm

Version: Fantasy Grounds Unity (FGU)

Voice/Language: Discord/English

Streaming/Video: N/A

GM Experience: 25 years running games, 6 years with 5E

GM License: FGU Ultimate

Player Requirements: I’m looking for players who have a decent amount of experience with 5th edition (see below for the reason) and at least some basic understanding of how FG works.

Campaign: Living History of the Forgotten Realms (see details below)

RP/Combat/Exploration Mix: I thoroughly enjoy heavy roleplaying sessions as well as exciting tactical combat. You should also be interested in both parts equally. Exploration will not feature that much in this campaign

Permitted Source Books: All official WoTC material as well as published 3rd party books

**Campaign Info:**
    My main goal with this game will be to let players, who have no or at least not much personal experience with the official Forgotten Realms setting, learn more about its history. This game will be split into two campaigns. During the first part we play through several well-known published modules of the 90s to the early 2000s, covering a span of several years of ingame time and going from level 1 to 20. This part will culminate with the last three modules published for D&D 3.5 and overall should lay the groundwork for the second part. You, the players, should become familiar with important locations, organizations and NPCs, as well as getting a general understanding of the continent of Faerűn and how it was shaped by the events described in these first adventures.

The second part will feature a time jump and a new cast of characters who have to deal with the aftermath of the Spellplague that ravaged the lands. We will start once again at level one for this and play through many modules of the Living Forgotten Realms area before the arrival of 5E. Important to note here is the fact that both parts are extremely linear, with not much room for deviation from the unfolding storyline. This game will already be a massive undertaking time-wise (several years of play time at least), and there is much to cover without going ‘off the rails’. If you are looking for a game with more personal freedom for your character, then this might not be the best choice for you.

So, to sum it up, please only apply if you do not possess much knowledge of events and adventures in the Realms before 5E, are in general interested in learning about the more recent history of the setting, and enjoy seeing the world changing and evolving over time while being an active part in it.

**Houserule Info:**
    I’m looking for players who already have a good amount of experience with 5th edition, as my game will feature several houserules that might overwhelm newcomers. In my opinion, 5E lacks character customizability, interesting options to choose from over the 20 levels, as well as interesting and exciting options for more martial-orientated PCs in combat. With a complete overhaul of the Feat system, new dying rules, more magic items and more in-depth character specializations throughout the campaign, I hope to remedy these ‘faults’ and give my players more ways to really make their character special and unique. You should be fine with at least considering this and taking a look at the new rules in closer detail.

If, after all of this, you are still interested in giving this a shot, please contact me either here or on Discord (DMR#8621) and we can have a chat.

Have found one additional player so far, bringing the group to the minimum size of 4 to get started. There are still up to two more spots open if anyone is interested!

Hey, I'm new to fantasy grounds but have played D&D since I was 4 (the last 35 years). I've DMed several campaigns over the years. I'm actually kinda new to 5e, just got my physical core books about 5 months ago and started as a player in my friend's Dark Sun 5e Conversion maybe 3 months ago. When we started, we began by using Roll20 with Discord, which we all agreed sucked. Then I noticed a 3 month for the price of one (or one and a half, I don't remember) and when I gave my DM the login info, Fantasy Grounds didn't compress correctly onto his laptop screen and he was being lame about not having enough room for the complete desktop system I wanted to give to him (I have an extra...). So we started using Tarrasque.io for the maps, Roll20 for our character sheets & dice rolling and Discord for voice, campaign info/notes, PBT, link to book PDFs & screen sharing. I'm over trying to simplifying things for my Dark Sun group that is on Friday nights (so the only timeslot that I can't do is Fri. 6-12pm). I only have my subscription until Dec. 25th and I Must Play In Fantasy Grounds As Many Times As I Can Before Then!

Thank You Very Much

P.S. Should I buy any content to make a character before the game session (assuming your going to let me join), and if so which product is going to give me the best value? Should I get the PHB or one of the Class books or the Basic Ruleset or what?

Blog Entries
    Unfortunately for me, though I am only familiar with the D&D, AD&D and 5e rules editions, I have a fairly extensive knowledge base of Faerun/Forgotten Realms lore. Best of luck with your campaigns, this looks absolutely amazing.
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Thread Information