5E Character Create Playlist

Fog of war and LOS

But is there a way to remove the Fog of War but keep LOS. I don't mean the mask. I just started using Unity and the party will be going through a map they have previously explored. I want to keep LOS but I would like to remove the fog from the map.

Fog of war and LOS

Please forgive me if this has already been addressed but I can't find the answer I'm looking for. Is there a way to remove the Fog of War but keep LOS (I don't mean mask). I just started using Unity and the party will be going through a map they have previously explored. I want to keep LOS but I would like to remove the fog from the map.

MOD: threads merged.
    Last edited by LordEntrails; November 8th, 2020 at 03:12.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Temmpest View Post
    But is there a way to remove the Fog of War but keep LOS. I don't mean the mask. I just started using Unity and the party will be going through a map they have previously explored. I want to keep LOS but I would like to remove the fog from the map.
    Not sure what you mean. In FGU we talk about LOS and Mask as two different features. FoW is often used to describe both, but not sure how that fits in to what you are asking... Though under a tokens Visibility options (right mouse) their is the option to Reset FoW, which remove the LOS data for a token.

A token can only have LOS on one map at a time, and either LOS is on for all tokens or for none. Once you turn off LOS for the map, LOS (or FoW) info for all tokens is immediately lost or reset.

So, if that's what you mean, then no, there is currently no way to turn off LOS but retain the FoW data for a token.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Or you want them to see all whole map in shadow mode (i.e. once revealed) but still have the current view highlighted? You could drag the tokens all over the map so everything gets revealed, and then move them back to the starting point. Kind of a crude solution though.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Or you want them to see all whole map in shadow mode (i.e. once revealed) but still have the current view highlighted? You could drag the tokens all over the map so everything gets revealed, and then move them back to the starting point. Kind of a crude solution though.
    Yes, sir. That's what I meant. Yeah, I think that's the only to do it for now. Maybe if enough people ask for this they can just have a button you can click on. Thank you again for your prompt response!

(BTW: I'm loving FGU!)

Blog Entries
    Make sure you vote for if it exists or add it to the Wish List so it doesn't get lost; https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Temmpest View Post
    Yes, sir. That's what I meant. Yeah, I think that's the only to do it for now. Maybe if enough people ask for this they can just have a button you can click on. Thank you again for your prompt response!

(BTW: I'm loving FGU!)
    Not sure whether it works, but you could also try the following: Keep the LoS on, then turn on/off the wall button at the map layer (there are these wall icons, showing that there is LoS). Turning that button off and then on again may lead to that the players see everything and then it is gray May be cumbersome when one has several layers with LoS though, but that is rare

I would love there to be a button for this. I feel like, for example, after my players arrive in Phandelver they don't need the mystery of a hidden map, but the games does still benefit from LoS for ambushes, surprises etc. The same for woods and forests, they know it's trees so I don't feel the need to hide that, but LoS is important for NPC reveals, if that makes sense.

I have been grabbing their tokens and sweeping them over the map, like a brush made of tiny screaming adventurers, before I place them, but would love a button to simplify this for me.

Cheers,

Simon

Thread Information