DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

Hard to Kill (Ex) in the heat of battle often forgoten

Evening,

I noticed there is no way to automatically account for Hard to Kill (Ex) mythic ability. The only thing I can do is apply temp hit points that equal the creatures Con. If the creature is undead is even worse, they die when they hit "0" hit points. Undead use charisma instead of constitution.

Hard to Kill (Ex)
    Whenever you’re below 0 hit points, you automatically stabilize without needing to attempt a Constitution check. If you have an ability that allows you to act while below 0 hit points, you still lose hit points for taking actions, as specified by that ability. Bleed damage still causes you to lose hit points when below 0 hit points. In addition, you don’t die until your total number of negative hit points is equal to or greater than double your Constitution score.

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Try this. For PCs with Hard to Kill in Class Abilities or NPCs with hard to kill in defensive abilities, it allows them to go double their CON below 0 HP and makes all stabilization checks auto-successes.

EDIT: I forgot to change file extension from .zip to .ext so you will have to do that to use it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bmos; November 8th, 2020 at 23:32.

bmos, thank you it works for a PC in FGU, but not an NPC. have to use Hard To Kill in Class Abilities.

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by dellanx View Post
    bmos, thank you it works for a PC in FGU, but not an NPC. have to use Hard To Kill in Class Abilities.
    it has to be lowercase for NPCs and goes in the SQ box of the defense section

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    it has to be lowercase for NPCs and goes in the SQ box of the defense section
    It seems to work. Does hard to kill apply to undead, because they use charisma instead of constitution? Note Hard to Kill only refers to doubling constitution. Thanks!

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by dellanx View Post
    It seems to work. Does hard to kill apply to undead, because they use charisma instead of constitution? Note Hard to Kill only refers to doubling constitution. Thanks!
    I'm not sure! In making that little tweak for you, I didn't see anything about charisma in the stabilization code so I don't know how that part works. Rules-wise I'd say it's GM-discretion.

Try it with an undead and let me know if it needs adjustment.

I'm not sure! In making that little tweak for you, I didn't see anything about charisma in the stabilization code so I don't know how that part works. Rules-wise I'd say it's GM-discretion.

Try it with an undead and let me know if it needs adjustment.
    Yeah, same undead seem to go down right away at 0. Must be because con is 0 hit points. Must be part of the balance.

Thank You!

Undead normally always immediately die at 0 HP Not sure about PF1 though (and FG indeed checks whether something is undead or a construct when it is about that)

Sounds like I automated it RAW.
    I just doubled the part where it gets the con score (so it should ignore this change for undead).

When you die at zero, going twice as far under 0 is still 0

Sounds like I automated it RAW.
    I just doubled the part where it gets the con score (so it should ignore this change for undead).

When you die at zero, going twice as far under 0 is still 0
    Ah, it was about whether the extension does accidentally not affect undead; I should read threads fully But yeah, makes sense :P

Thread Information