FG Spreadshirt Swag

Starship Combat for players.

(FGU, sfrpg v2.1.9, core 3.3.12 )

I have a question, how do players actually run star ship combat ?

In the attached image, you can see I've assigned players to roles in the ship... but in the ship combat tracker the players ship has nobody under the 'i' section for the roles, and on the character sheets they have no actions under the 'ships' section.

Should the players not have 'actions' for the turn they are on ?

Have I just set up the ship wrong in some way ?

Thanks, Pete
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    (FGU, sfrpg v2.1.9, core 3.3.12 )

I have a question, how do players actually run star ship combat ?

In the attached image, you can see I've assigned players to roles in the ship... but in the ship combat tracker the players ship has nobody under the 'i' section for the roles, and on the character sheets they have no actions under the 'ships' section.

Should the players not have 'actions' for the turn they are on ?

Have I just set up the ship wrong in some way ?

Thanks, Pete
    You setup is totaly correct. You need to click the little dark blue boxes next to the characters, eighter on their character sheet or in the starship sheet to see the actions. Players can do that too, so they can do their actions during a ship combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolivolution View Post
    You setup is totaly correct. You need to click the little dark blue boxes next to the characters, eighter on their character sheet or in the starship sheet to see the actions. Players can do that too, so they can do their actions during a ship combat.
    Why does it not 'auto' enable these as the rolls go around in the tracker ?

but thanks for pointing out the 'button' that does not look like a button..

At least I now know what my players need to do..

thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    Why does it not 'auto' enable these as the rolls go around in the tracker ?
    Sounds like a design decision to me. As far as I'm concerned there is no room for these kind of things right now since functionality should come first. But I guess this would be a question for the devs.

I believe it was stated somewhere in the forums that the reason for the "blue button" was that a character could potentially be assigned to multiple ships with different roles on those ships. Ex: science officer on the Sunrise Maiden and also a pilot on a single person fighter. Obviously the character cannot be active on both ships at the same time (in theory at least). The blue button allows the player to select/activate which ship they are currently active on and have only those skills for the role on that particular ship be visible.

Thread Information