STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Dice

Dice

Hi, hope this hasn't been answered anywhere that I missed, but how do you move the non percentile dice (d20, d12, d10,d8, d6 and d4)?

Is it possible to have them "movable" or able to be hidden as they take up valuable space, and if you use 2 monitors, it would be nice to be able to relocate them to the right side (given chat box and percentile dice can be moved to there)?

Apparently, in FGC “The dice displayed on the tabletop is controlled by the creator of the ruleset for the game system you are playing.”, so am assuming the same in FGU.

Thanks

Hi mkegraf,

I had them on the right side of the screen originally but the sidebar can change size based on the number of items and the size of the screen so there wasn't an easy way for me to place them on the right side anymore. Unfortunately, the dice would need to be turned off for everyone if I do it in the ruleset and I am not sure how many people use some of the other dice.

The dice can be moved and the position saved by dragging them but they tend to roll a bit when placed so it is tough to line them up. Once you get them where you want to you can right click on the desktop and select Set Arrange Position and they will go back to that location when you right click and select Arrange Dice.

The attached file is an extension which will remove the dice. Just copy it to your extensions directory and select it when you load your campaign and the dice won't be included. The only way to get them back would be to reload the ruleset without the extension.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Dakadin

Edit: Updated extension to include the d10 die so the RM rolls would still show.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Dakadin; November 30th, 2020 at 06:25.

Hi, just checking but this extension seems to have broken under last update.

With this extension in place, dice rolls are not visible on chat nor picked up by Combat Resolver.

Not sure why

Hi, just checking if there is an update on this extension, since it broke after the last (major) update.

Causes rolls not to be visible in GM chat (or player chat) box when rolled.

Hi mikegraf,

Unfortunately, the only thing the extension does is remove the dice from the ruleset. If FG isn't showing them any more then all I can do is to not remove the d10. Hopefully this gets it working for you.

Dakadin

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    Hi mikegraf,

Unfortunately, the only thing the extension does is remove the dice from the ruleset. If FG isn't showing them any more then all I can do is to not remove the d10. Hopefully this gets it working for you.

Dakadin
    Thanks mate - I have no idea why this broke with last update. Easy to see if it is working - even GM rolls are not visible in chat when extension was loaded.

The last update also broke any use of Player Agency (World Builder, etc), which is a great extension. Causes multiple issues if PA extension is loaded under RMC. I believe you are aware of that, but do you want me to list some of the odd behaviour I have come across if PA is loaded?

Yes, you can list it but there is at least one thing that is an issue because of a template that the Player Agency extension duplicates from CoreRPG so it causes an issue. I let damned know what was needed to fix it but I know he is probably busier than I am.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    Yes, you can list it but there is at least one thing that is an issue because of a template that the Player Agency extension duplicates from CoreRPG so it causes an issue. I let damned know what was needed to fix it but I know he is probably busier than I am.
    Im getting there...

Hi damned,

I am sure that you are. I don't mind adjusting the ruleset to make it compatible with the extension. If he provides a list then I will track down where the issues are occurring since most of them are likely to be on my side.

Dakadin

Thread Information