5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    You'd have to provide an example where it's not working. Maybe a one page manual with just that inline image?

Then, we would be able to figure out what is not working for you.

Regards,
    JPG

Here is a sample module that exhibits the behavior I first described. The image is not displayed embedded in the reference page while clicking the underlying link opens a separate image window that does show the image.

Bale Nomad
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries
    Oooookay ... so you're building this in FGU, that's the main problem. This .mod works perfectly fine in Classic except the imagelink brings up a blank window because it doesn't know how to deal with FGU's new image markup. If I had to purely take a guess, I'm thinking perhaps the image control called by the refpage also doesn't know how to deal with FGU's new image markup when it's used in a refpage versus a standard image window? @Moon Wizard can give a more technical answer, however. On the "official DLC Developer" side of the fence, we're pretty much under orders to not develop in FGU (other than extracting LoS occluders where applicable) because anything made there is not compatible with Classic and everything in the Store has to be compatible with both. If you're building this for personal use, you're all fine and good once this technical issue gets resolved.

I removed the FGU-specific markup from the <hiddenimage> tag, but there was never any FGU-specific markup for the image embedded in the refpage. Now the module works as expected in FGC, but not in FGU (neither the embedded nor the linked image actually display). Is there some "secret sauce" for this to work in FGU? I have purchased modules that work perfectly in both environments. Or are they actually different when they come through the updater for each environment?

I was thinking the control for displaying the embedded image didn't need the extra FGU-specific markup to display the image in FGU, because it wasn't being edited. Apparently that is not the case. When I include the FGU-specific markup in both the embedded image tag and the <hiddenimage> tag, then it works in FGU.

So the "secret sauce" is to include the FGU-specific markup wherever an image is to be displayed.

If you use the FGC specific markup, it should work in both FGC and FGU. Do you have a FGC version that is not working?

Also, any modules that can be used in both FGC and FGU must be created in FGC.

Regards,
    JPG

Here is one that works in FGC, but not FGU.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I cannot answer the why, but at the top of your files you have this:

Code:
    <root version="4" dataversion="20201016" release="2.1|CoreRPG:4">
    When I changed that to the following it worked.

Code:
    <root version="3.0" RMCVersion="2.0">
    I think your root version='"4" is hanging you up, when I changed the line I had from 3.0 to 4.0 it stopped working. It could be another part of the line as well, I'm not really sure. What I have does work though.

I had a problem a while back with a reference manual I was building as well. Interestingly enough I am building it in RMC as well.

Yes, the data version of the file must be the correct version for FGC; or the data will not be read correctly by FGU. If the version is set to 4, it will assume it is in FGU format.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks - it works. I really appreciate the help!

Thread Information