STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

LFP: Traveller, Spinward Marches

FG License: Fantasy Grounds Unity (FGU) Ultimate
    Game System: Mongoose Traveller 2e

Time Zone: CET (UTC +1)
    Day of week and time: Sundays, 18:00
    Start date: Session 1 start Nov. 15th.
    Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly. 4 to 6 hours.
    Term: Long term keep playing for a while.

Text or Voice: Voice. Might rollplay some things in between session with text.
    Voice software used: Fantasy Grounds Discord.
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? NO
    Roleplay & Combat mix: 60/40
    Player Experience Level: Beginner to Experienced. No problem if you new to Traveller, just don't expect it to be a DnD dungeon crawler in space. I expect my players to flesh out their characters and to emerge them self in the setting.
    Mature Content (18+): Yes
    Number of Players in game & needed: 3 to 6 players
    Character restrictions: Human, Vargr (open for exceptions if you can give me a good argument).

Details of your scenario: Spinward Marches in the year 1105 Imperial
    Start with some Spinward Marches adventure modules with homebrewed modifications and then it will be sandbox style with some classic adventures dropping in.

The Spinward Marches lie on the edge of Imperial space, and area that borders rival interstellar governments that directly oppose any further expansion. Far from the major centres of power the local rulers have more practical power than the Emperor himself. It is here that bands of daring individuals can take advantage of the hostile factions in order to carve out a fortune for themselves. The Spinward Marches offer untold adventure for those willing to seek it out.

Use the calendar URL to sign-up and find connecting info
    Calendar: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...ex.xcp?id=5591
    Last edited by Boldtaar; November 7th, 2020 at 20:55. Reason: Changed to sundays

Hi, I would be interested, but I haven't played traveller since a single session in 1986ish. I also have no mic atm. I'm in SW UK.

I was going to investigate traveller to try it out again, but then some of the players seem very 'up-tight' about it, and I couldn't get a straight answer about it's mechanics. So I have no idea what it's like today, though I hope it still has a more serious sci-fi feel to it.

I would love to play. I have been watching some youtube vids on the 2nd edition. Count me in if there is room.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

I would be interested in playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacecookie View Post
    Hi, I would be interested, but I haven't played traveller since a single session in 1986ish. I also have no mic atm. I'm in SW UK.

I was going to investigate traveller to try it out again, but then some of the players seem very 'up-tight' about it, and I couldn't get a straight answer about it's mechanics. So I have no idea what it's like today, though I hope it still has a more serious sci-fi feel to it.
    The current version of Mongoose Traveller (MGT2) and the Third Imperium are rooted in the original Classic Traveller. While the rules have been updated over the decades the premise and core technologies have remained consistent. So as not to clutter this thread, if you have Traveller related questions feel free to post in the Traveller section of this forum, we try not to be up-tight.

Nice to some people joining up. Please use the calendar URL to sign-up.

Spacecookie get a headset and connect it to your PC

I have one but it doesn't work with this computer.

I signed up using the calendar linky.

Haven't ever played but would be interested in giving it a shot

Connecting info in under GM Announcements in the Game calendar

I just realised you're using FGU. I have Normal FG.

And you haven't provided us with a discord invite link. It can't find whatever Game channel 9 is supposed to mean as a connection.
    Last edited by Spacecookie; November 7th, 2020 at 17:24.

Thread Information