5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

best practice in tile map making for scale?

Goal:
    a single corridor tile stamp(use shockbolt for example) is 10'x10'(4 grid squares of 5' each) on the done map.

At FGU default settings, it is one grid square per tile stamp for a 5x5' corridor at default settings.

Is there a recommended best practice for this tile map scaling?

Would you leave the grid at default and change tile stamps to 2.0 instead of default 1 for building.
    Or would you build the map at defaults, and then change the grid to 50 when done?

Is one considered a better method for making maps with tiles to the scale you want?

I get that it seems to be one in the same and probably doesn't matter. But i'm asking with the POV that there could be a best practice method between the two for reasons out in the future, that i'm not yet aware of at an early stage of map building.

Thanks for your time,
    Yeti
    Last edited by A Social Yeti; October 31st, 2020 at 19:00.

Good day, a Social Yeti,
    As far as I am aware, there is no difference between the two methods as FGU scales based on the grid size and not the actual pixel dimension. For example, a large image used as a painted stamped image, even when reduced to a minuscule size, retains all of its visual information when zoomed in.

Thread Information