Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

FGU Mac blurry in direct comparison to FGU Windows...

I uploaded three attachments, each with Windows on left and Mac on right. Look at the dice, chat window, and a Race description for a 5E character. This is using the FG Dark theme. These are running simultaneously on the same iMac with the Windows FGU client in a Windows 10 virtual machine via VMWare Fusion in Unity mode.

Is there ANY way to get the fonts smoothed on Mac the way the Windows client is able to do on the same machine?

!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    !

Blog Entries
    MOD: moved to FGU forum.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BangsNaughtyBits View Post
    I uploaded three attachments, each with Windows on left and Mac on right. Look at the dice, chat window, and a Race description for a 5E character. This is using the FG Dark theme. These are running simultaneously on the same iMac with the Windows FGU client in a Windows 10 virtual machine via VMWare Fusion in Unity mode.

Is there ANY way to get the fonts smoothed on Mac the way the Windows client is able to do on the same machine?

!
    The Mac images in the screenshots appear to be scaling. Are you, perhaps, using the Retina display scaling?

On FGU, scaleui is set to 100 on both. I have played with scaling and "default for display". I usually prefer one notch upscalled. I have note tried going the other direction and downscaling. I will try that. ...

Better if I scale down and then up the scaleui significantly. I will see if there is a happy medium.

It's killing my eyes though. Price to be paid I guess.

!
    !

OK, I have played with all scaling options and NOTHING makes the FGU app approach the Windows client's font resolutions. It looks better if I move it to a second monitor at 1080p where the fonts blur out the pixelation. That's the best it gets. What am I doing wrong here?

!
    !

Did you ever find out if you have the Retina scaling turned on for the FG application?

Regards,
    JPG

I have been using /scaleui adjusting the scale up and down if that is what you mean, which I assume is the same as the Settings slider since that was updated a few weeks ago. I've set the scaling to sal 100 and 120 and 150 then closed and reopened the all from scratch. I've connected and disconnected my external 1080p monitor and rebooted. The primary display is 2880p just to throw that out there.

The Windows 10 VM using native retina display resolution and just butter smooth side by side. It looks like SGU is the point of scaling, at least to me. I can easily be wrong. Any suggestions are welcome.

!
    !

Carl was referring to the settings on the Mac to change the application auto-scaling behavior. See this article (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202471); and the section titled "Using apps with a Retina display" to turn off the Retina auto-scaling.

Regards,
    JPG

Low resolution mode is identical with and without it being selected. Selecting the five options for scaling in System Preferences / Display doesn't change anything other than making the sizes change, but the pixelation remains.

I suppose I can just run it in a VM going forward.

!
    !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BangsNaughtyBits View Post
    Low resolution mode is identical with and without it being selected. Selecting the five options for scaling in System Preferences / Display doesn't change anything other than making the sizes change, but the pixelation remains.

I suppose I can just run it in a VM going forward.

!
    I am able to reproduce your issue by selecting a scaled in the Mac OS Built-in Retina Display options. I am not able to reproduce if the resolution in Retina Display options is set to "Default for display." Do you see the same when you have the Retina Display to "Default for display?"

Thread Information