FG Spreadshirt Swag

Black Ooze - splitting - Newb Q

Hey all.

[very minor spoilers]

likely a super newb question.

PF2e. prepping to run The Slithering. 1st encounter is a black ooze. if hit by slashing weapon, ooze splits into 2, with each Ooze having 1/2 its HP.

I can't seem to adjust the HP of the ooze when in the battle tracker, unless I "unlock" the Bestiary record - obviously I don't want to do that.

is there an easy way to split the ooze, adjust the remaining hp by 50% for each new ooze added to the tracker that replaced the original one?

thanks all.

Cheers,

J.

Might not be what you are looking for (I'm pretty new to Fantasy Grounds) but couldn't you add a 2nd black ooze to the combat tracker and set the wounds on both black oozes so they have 50% HP of the original ooze

That's what I thought, but no luck. the combat tracker HP fields don't seem to be adjustable. anytime I try and "ctrl-mousewheel" modify the HP of the ooze, it doesn't adjust. nor selecting the HP in the tracker and typing in new HP. the only way this seems to work is by opening the Bestiary and unlocking the ooze and adjusting the HP from the master record - obviously not optimal there.

I think the order of operations for a black ooze is this.
    1) drop in a pappa ooze. 165hp, huge monster.
    2) PC's beat up on ooze, using a slashing weapon, hit it.
    3) Ooze "splits" drop into the tracker 2 "large" oozes, adjust the HP from 165 to like 80 per ooze
    4) rinse and repeat.

problem is. I can add more ooze icons. add more oozes to the tracker. but can't seem to "split" the HP by adjusting their starting value.

I know this is something I'm doing wrong or missing. anyway. thanks for your help, really appreciate it!

Cheers,

J.

I wasn't suggesting changing the Max HP total. But giving them both damage so that the remaining health reflected 50% of the original.

1) drop in a pappa ooze. 165hp, huge monster.
    2) PC's beat up on ooze, using a slashing weapon, hit it.
    3) Ooze "splits" drop into the tracker 2 "large" oozes, give both oozes damage so they both have 82 hp. If the "large" oozes don't have more than 82 hp then add temp hp to get them to the correct amount.
    4) rinse and repeat.
    Last edited by msnowman; October 31st, 2020 at 07:00.

When a creature is added to the CT a copy is made just in the CT. Open the record in the CT (Click the record link) and edit that CT copy. Drag/drop the link in the CT to make another copy in the CT. Editing these records in the CT has no impact on the original record in the Bestiary.

Also, I’m not sure if this has been errata'd anywhere, but there’s nothing in the "Split" ability that says the creature size changes when it splits. You’d think it would, but maybe this is a simplification from the PF2 designers so that if we’re playing face to face we can keep using the same size minis.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    When a creature is added to the CT a copy is made just in the CT. Open the record in the CT (Click the record link) and edit that CT copy. Drag/drop the link in the CT to make another copy in the CT. Editing these records in the CT has no impact on the original record in the Bestiary.
    Had no idea!

thanks for the pointer. tested it out and it works well.

Cheers,

J.

Thread Information