FG Spreadshirt Swag

VOTERS: I am shamelessly seeking votes!

Go over to the following three links and give me a vote on each. You know you want to...

(Bottom line: They are all geared towards making Story Templates ridiculously amazing... let's do this.)

Number one:
    https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=109434

Number two:
    https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=109437

Number three:
    https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=109436

Thanks! You have done a great service this day.
    Last edited by JimSocks; October 30th, 2020 at 18:38.

I totally don't understand these. Neither what you say it does right now, nor what you say you want it to do. Sorry. Also, they all sound like the same request to me, I can't even tell why they are three separate requests.

I *think* you're asking to be able to combine the output of multiple roles on one or more tables into a single output, rather than having each roll output by itself. And I further think that while you have three separate tables indicated, and different ways of combining the utput, that the underlying idea is the same?

Nope- they are all totally different... it’s just difficult to explain ESPECIALLY when the voting website forces me to use different symbols than the FG client does currently. (That website doesn’t like < or > symbols, so I have to replace them.

I’ll try to explain them a bit differently. Here’s two terms I will use throughout:

Within story templates:
    [TableName] = a “table callout” Or “callout”
    <TableName> = a “table reference” or “reference”

If you are not familiar with these at least, and how they work, the rest of this will be gibberish.

So currently within a story template, there are three limitations I want to overcome.

1. You cannot share data between story templates. Each one is an island. If I roll a NPC name on one story template, there is no way for me to retrieve that name for use in a separate template. One of the voting proposals solely tackles this.

2. You can’t use table callout within a table callout. ie: [Table [TableName] Name] doesn’t work. One of the voting proposals suggests an implementation approach to add this functionality.

3. You can’t reference a single column of a callout’s results. So if a table has three columns of data, and you roll on it with a [TableName] callout, a later reference of <TableName> will spit out all three columns. But what if you only want column three from what you rolled before? You are out of luck. A reference of <TableName|3> will not work. One of my voting proposals seeks to add this functionality.

Hopefully that helps?

The voting proposals themselves are more technical to try and describe HOW this could work within the code, but also made more difficult to describe due to the symbol issue mentioned above.

Blog Entries
    You may want to add a comment linking back to this thread and explanation

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Gotcha that helps. Voted. Cheers!
    I think the how the code bit might work was what confused me. These descriptions where much easier to follow.

If you want to only obtain the result from a single column in a multicolumn table then use [TableName|x] where x is the column number. The result can be retrieved via <TableName|x] where x is the same number as you originally used in the call-out.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    If you want to only obtain the result from a single column in a multicolumn table then use [TableName|x] where x is the column number. The result can be retrieved via <TableName|x] where x is the same number as you originally used in the call-out.
    Yes, but this is essentially useless for storytelling. I mean, don’t get me wrong – I DO use this method, but it rarely ever is useful.

What I would like to see implemented is essentially the REVERSE of this. Call a table and LATER reference it’s individual columns.

So, say we call a table with 15 columns. Let’s name it [BigTable]. It’s spits out all 15 columns of data. Then later, we can cherry-pick which columns to use with <BigTable|7> or say, <BigTable|2> and ONLY get the respective columns from the earlier rolled results.

MUCH more useful. Like, oodles more useful.

Thread Information