Joshua Stream Pre
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. #11
    i3ullseye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Peachtree City GA
    Posts
    176
    This ruleset looks really good. It is a pretty simple system, and things seem to run pretty smoothly. But suggestion...

    Feature Name: Draggable Career Data
    Description: Like dragging a class in 5E, or Clan for VtM, and various other rule sets. It would be nice if you could drag your career name on the main tab, and it would populate and put a link there. Also, if some kind of indicator (Bolding, and asterix, etc) could be put on which attribute is your careers focus, that would be handy during character creation. The same indicator should exist for your skills. And maybe a note entry with a quick career description.
    i3ullseye

    ~ You're pretty good, but me? I'm magic!

    Ultimate License holder

  2. #12
    Make NPC windows expandable horizontally as well as vertically. As it is right now, there's quite a lot of mice wheel scrolling on the monsters with the 6 special attacks.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by gbhenderson View Post
    Make NPC windows expandable horizontally as well as vertically. As it is right now, there's quite a lot of mice wheel scrolling on the monsters with the 6 special attacks.
    The fixed width is due to the two columns for speed, range and etc, the layout looks weird if resized too much. I will look into allowing some horizontal stretch for those Monster cases.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

  4. #14
    i3ullseye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Peachtree City GA
    Posts
    176
    Another one......

    Feature Name: Ship Positions on the Party Sheet
    Description: The marching order page is fine, and useful. But another tab for 'Ship Assignments" would be great. It could mimic the sheet seen online that has a 'spot' for each role... Pilot, Captain, gunners, Etc.... This one looks like a top down of a ship with labelled spaces for each role to put someone's icon/token there. Even if it were just a list of the roles, with the ability to drag each character to a spot it would be great. Maybe it can be a list of the roles, in the order they act, with quick reminders of what actions they can take on their row.

    Which leads to.....

    Feature Name: Blind Selection for Ship Combat
    Description: There are some features/mods out there that use pop up windows with buttons. If a screen could be popped up for the players, and the GM, with the ability to select which action you would take and not show it to anyone else, that would be great. Maybe the GM has a 'reveal' button that is greyed out or red until the player(s) have entered their selection. Then the GM can click the button and reveal everything to everyone at once.
    i3ullseye

    ~ You're pretty good, but me? I'm magic!

    Ultimate License holder

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by i3ullseye View Post
    Another one......

    Feature Name: Ship Positions on the Party Sheet
    Description: The marching order page is fine, and useful. But another tab for 'Ship Assignments" would be great. It could mimic the sheet seen online that has a 'spot' for each role... Pilot, Captain, gunners, Etc.... This one looks like a top down of a ship with labelled spaces for each role to put someone's icon/token there. Even if it were just a list of the roles, with the ability to drag each character to a spot it would be great. Maybe it can be a list of the roles, in the order they act, with quick reminders of what actions they can take on their row.

    Which leads to.....

    Feature Name: Blind Selection for Ship Combat
    Description: There are some features/mods out there that use pop up windows with buttons. If a screen could be popped up for the players, and the GM, with the ability to select which action you would take and not show it to anyone else, that would be great. Maybe the GM has a 'reveal' button that is greyed out or red until the player(s) have entered their selection. Then the GM can click the button and reveal everything to everyone at once.

    The ship-related content is on the to-do list and in design phase. At the moment I think the PS is not the best place for that and probably will put Ship tab on the PC sheet that will allow them to pick a position (that will be reflected in the PS for GM to observer) and depending on the position will list the appropriate actions and skill rolls. And since PC is owner of the sheet it is easy to manage.

    I am not sure I get the Blind selection, is this for the commander's phase?
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

  6. #16
    i3ullseye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Peachtree City GA
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    I am not sure I get the Blind selection, is this for the commander's phase?
    During ship combat, the Captain/Commander tells each station what he would like them to do. This is done in secret however, and both the GM and players each select their action, and then reveal them at the same time to see if they can out guess each other. Sticky notes can be used face to face, and if you buy the maps and tokens pack it comes with tokens for each action that you can hide in your fist and reveal at the same time.
    i3ullseye

    ~ You're pretty good, but me? I'm magic!

    Ultimate License holder

  7. #17
    Not sure if been asked for before but can we get actual images for the aliens and that for the tokens or have the char sheets for them unlock-able so we can upload our own as just a simple "D" "F" is not as easy to recognize what are as a picture

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by flobz View Post
    Not sure if been asked for before but can we get actual images for the aliens and that for the tokens or have the char sheets for them unlock-able so we can upload our own as just a simple "D" "F" is not as easy to recognize what are as a picture
    There are not enough unique images to create tokens for every NPC, therefore we are rolling with Letter tokens for now. When Colonial Marine is converted I might work on tokens.

    If you want to update the token, clone the NPC and it will be unlocked. The Core modules are read-only, adventures and their content are read-write for GM.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

  9. #19
    I just Googled Aliens, saved some pictures and made my own.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    There are not enough unique images to create tokens for every NPC, therefore we are rolling with Letter tokens for now. When Colonial Marine is converted I might work on tokens.

    If you want to update the token, clone the NPC and it will be unlocked. The Core modules are read-only, adventures and their content are read-write for GM.
    Yeah That's what i done was just wondering about it coming in module and yeah i have only done a couple of the more known aliens and for rest improvised a little lol.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Fantasy Grounds Fridays Pre

Log in

Log in