DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last

Official ALIEN RPG enhancement suggestions

Hello all! Now that we are officially launched (https://mailchi.mp/d8d1a3335629/alien-vtt?e=958903e85c) and there are already people playing the game, it is time to have a thread where ruleset and product enhancements can be proposed by all of you!

We have board where we keep track of all issues (bugs, enhancement, tasks etc.) so every suggestion here will get to the board and will be reviewed! The more detailed the suggestion is, the better for us to come up with proper implementation. Can't promise that everything will be adopted, but we will do our best considering the available time and adhering to the original rules as mandated by the publisher. Also features that will benefit other YZE-based games will have precedence.

So, having said that, my preferred format:

Feature Name: One sentence that gives the highlight of the feature. This is what will be put as story heading in our board.
    Description: Detailed (as long as you want) description of the feature you would like to have. You can explain the mechanic or what you ask for and how you imagine it implemented, even refer me to some implementation where this exists so I can get some visual. Whatever you think is good to explain the suggestion.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Reserved

So, I will open with example from my list:

Actor Groups in Combat Tracker
    This feature will allow combatants of NPC type to be grouped visually if they are running on same initiative. Savage Worlds have such implementation.

Gear Library lists
    Expose lists for items, weapons and armor in Gear library to allow more sorting options during play. Like in the List in Vehicles library.

Novgorod story entries
    Bring Novgorod content to Story library, not just reference manual.

I know few people asked for enhancement to other libraryes such as Systems/Planets, I am all eyes now.

Higher resolution maps and/or portions of tactical maps!
    5E DM, Player, FG conversions, learning LUA, engineer, geek, Ultimate License, Unity Supporter.

DMs Guild Creator

LOS of tactical maps!
    5E DM, Player, FG conversions, learning LUA, engineer, geek, Ultimate License, Unity Supporter.

DMs Guild Creator

Quote Originally Posted by 4wire View Post
    LOS of tactical maps!
    There really isn't any tactical maps in the game books. There also isn't a ton of good sci fi ones out there yet. There are a couple of Starfinder tile sets for Starship Chambers and Starship Corridors the the FG Store that look promising.

Just asking so... but Is it possible to play 'Tales from the Loop' with this ruleset ? As the rules have the same 'core' ?
    Ultimate license holder
    Pref : Cthulhu and savage Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by dragonheels View Post
    Just asking so... but Is it possible to play 'Tales from the Loop' with this ruleset ? As the rules have the same 'core' ?
    Hi dragonheels! The ruleset is tailed according to Alien RPG. The 'core' indeed supports Tales form the Loop but there is no way to strip the alien-specific mechanics and ruleset theme to facilitate this.

Ran my first session with this rule set last night and had a blast. A few things I think may be nice to-have--but not necessary for a great session because I had a great session last night without them--are:

1) A visual indicator that a character is suffering from a panic effect. Maybe even a text field that gets auto populated with that panic effect from the panic table.

2) When you roll panic and you are already suffering from a panic effect and you roll low, below your current panic effect, it would be great if the system would put the character at the next panic effect after their existing one (they can't roll and get a lower effect, they always have to increase by at least one).

3) This one I don't think is necessary but would be helpful for sure. When a player rolls a crit injury that it gets automatically added to the character sheet with all information from the table so the player (and GM) don't have to look up more details in the table.

I would say that none of the above are critically important as we all had a great time last night, mostly just nice to have features, at least from my point of view.

Anyways, great rule set and having an amazing time and definitely looking forward to running more!

Glad to hear you had good time with the ruleset! Let me think on those suggestions and be back to you.

Thread Information