Starfinder Playlist

Strange Squares in Text in module

I don't know if this is FGU, Linux or just a module issue, so I'm reporting it here. I couldn't find other references, so apologies if this is a known issue.

I'm getting these types of characters in the text like these:

Screenshot_20201028_102312.png

Summary: Strange Squares in Text in Module

Ruleset(s): 5E

New Campaign / FGC Migrated Campaign: New Campaign

Extensions/Themes:
    5E_Additional_Storage.ext
    5E_Attunement_Tracker.ext
    'FG-5E-Enhancer v0.10.2.ext'
    5e_Roll_For_Initiative_Addon_V0.19.ext
    ImprovedCritical_3.1.ext
    ConstitutionalAmendments.ext

Default Dark theme

Modules Loaded: D&D Essentials Bundle, Food_and_Drink_in_Faerun.mod, DnDSpeak100Tables.mod and the adventure A24: Return to Crypt of the Sun Lord (this is where I am seeing the strange characters in the Story text)

Operating System / Language Setting: Linux / Australian English (LANG=en_AU.utf8 LC_CTYPE="en_AU.utf8")

Steps to Reproduce:

Blog Entries
    Looks like unsupported characters. Can you replicate in a new campaign with no extensions? Is it only in text from a specific module? Which module? Can you open one of the free/included modules and find similar text? Like the D&D 5E Basic Rules?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I started a new campaign, no extensions, and just loaded the adventure module only: A24: Return to Crypt of the Sun Lord --> See the squares.
    I then added the SRD data - can't see squares in that but I don't know if any of the text would contain those squares anyway.
    Finally, I added the AL module: Hartkiller's Horn --> See the squares

Edit: Noticed in one of the NPC descriptions that a square might possible be a "-". It was the showing recharge 5[]6 instead of 5-6

Blog Entries
    So it sounds like those two modules have unsupported characters. It possible to create modules manually and add special characters like certain apostrophes etc that FGC would display, but FGU will not.

I don't have these modules to confirm, but someone should be along and able to do that for us as well as contacting the developers of those modules to get them to correct the issue.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Ok, thanks. I got Hartkiller free from here: https://www.dmsguild.com/product/206..._0_0_0_45545_0
    The other module was from the store: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...?id=AAWFG5EA24

I can live with it for now as it's not fatal. Hopefully someone will get it sorted out.

Please report the DM's Guild module issue to the creator there; we don't have any access to the material published there.

I'll have someone take a look at AAWFG5EA24 product.

Regards,
    JPG

Done, thanks.

Just pushed a new build of AAWFG5EA24 that should fix the missing character issue.

Regards,
    JPG

Can confirm it is fixed - thank you!

Thread Information