STAR TREK 2d20

Seeing character on both computers

Hi,
    I have a Windows desktop that I will use most of the time for playing in a PF2e campaign, but I also own a MacBook Pro laptop. I am able to see my character when I log into the GMs server on the desktop, but see nothing on the laptop. I have all the saved files set for Dropbox on the desktop and even tried setting the same location for the laptop with no luck.

Ideas?

Thanks!

You should not place your FG data folder into DropBox; it can potentially corrupt data if FG tries to save while synching software has it locked for copying.

Make sure that you are logging in with the exact same user name on both machines (same text in FGC; same account in FGU).

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    And you probably won't be able to log in from both computers at the same time.

And if you are not using the same user name then the GM will have to 'Clear ownership" of the PC when you want to switch computers. (Don't worry, it is very simple)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I triple checked and 100% the same log in on both computers.

So I need to change the save directory to non Dropbox on both? I tried with the laptop and still can't see my character.

Blog Entries
    Yes, first thing is to move your FG Data locations off of a drop box (or other actively sync'd location) before you lose or corrupt your data.

Then, once that is done and both systems are working in other regards, please give us step by step reproducible steps you are doing. Please include the version of FG you are using, how you are connecting to the GM, and other steps so that we can reproduce.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information