5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

[BUG] Steam DLC Purchases Have Only One Parent

Previously, I was told by support and a developer on Steam forum that new DLC purchases will have both FGC and FGU as their parent if you own them both on Steam.

Today, I made DLC purchases and they only showed up in FGC's Steam DLC library. Of course, I can use the DLC on FGU thanks to Steam link, but seems like the Steam DLC libraries do not work as intended re: having both FG versions as DLC parents.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Make sure you have syncd both FGC and FGU to Steam.
    Can you elaborate? What steps do I have to take to have them "synced to Steam"? I mean, they're both bought from Steam. Are they not "synced to Steam" by default?

Blog Entries
    Correct, they are not sync'd by default. See; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...eamAccount.xcp

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Have you activated both Fantasy Grounds and Fantasy Grounds Unity on Steam with your license keys from both products?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Correct, they are not sync'd by default. See; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...eamAccount.xcp
    I have already done the Smiteworks account / Steam account sync thing long ago, yes. As far as I can tell, there's no way of doing that separately for FGC and FGU.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Have you activated both Fantasy Grounds and Fantasy Grounds Unity on Steam with your license keys from both products?
    Yes, I have installed both FGC and FGU on Steam and that requires using the Steam licence keys gained from purchasing those products. That is such an elemntary step that I'm thinking am I missing something in your question or if I misunderstood it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperventilator View Post
    Yes, I have installed both FGC and FGU on Steam and that requires using the Steam licence keys gained from purchasing those products. That is such an elemntary step that I'm thinking am I missing something in your question or if I misunderstood it.
    Details here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/25269...5530621472814/
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    I think this is just an artifact within Steam. I don’t believe it impacts your use of the product in any way. If it does, please let us know and we can forward it up to Valve to investigate.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Is that not intended for users who bought the game on the FantasyGrounds site? I bought mine on Steam. I tried activating the Ultimate code anyway, but it just says invalid key.

Edit: tried the basic key, too but got "invalid key" error again. I think it's because I bought the game on Steam and they're already activated.
    Last edited by Hyperventilator; October 28th, 2020 at 09:40.

Thread Information