Starfinder Playlist

Extra text on drag and dropping links

This is for FG Classic. Don't know if it happens in FGU.

It seems that when I drag and drop links into story notes or the task bar (probably whereever you can link something), I now get extra text describing what I am linking to. Like "Drawing: " Or "Story: " etc.

I know what I am linking. And it just wastes my time, since I now have to remove that extra text. If this is a bug, please fix it. If this was intentional: Please revert it!

Best regards

Vires Animi

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    This is for FG Classic. Don't know if it happens in FGU.

It seems that when I drag and drop links into story notes or the task bar (probably whereever you can link something), I now get extra text describing what I am linking to. Like "Drawing: " Or "Story: " etc.

I know what I am linking. And it just wastes my time, since I now have to remove that extra text. If this is a bug, please fix it. If this was intentional: Please revert it!

Best regards

Vires Animi
    It is intended, see here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post551354 (patch notes of 3.3.12)

Personally, I like it, because I always added these prefixes, and now I do not need to add them manually

Yeah. I see it now. I am sorry. But I loathe this change. It is a serious timewaster. Nothing else.

Can we at least have a toggle thing in the options menu? Pretty please?

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    Yeah. I see it now. I am sorry. But I loathe this change. It is a serious timewaster. Nothing else.

Can we at least have a toggle thing in the options menu? Pretty please?
    Yeah a setting for this would be great. I noticed it the other day and definitely feel like I preferred the old way

I also always typed those manually so it saves much time (although sometimes I change "Image:" to "Map:")
    It does sound like this is not universally the case, however.
    Last edited by bmos; November 12th, 2020 at 03:59.

I prefer the update - nothing like having links to Bob the NPC, a pic of Bob, then encounter with Bob - all with the name Bob. Sure, I should do better naming, but this does the key thing for me - tells me which "Bob" it is.

Thread Information