STAR TREK 2d20

Token Lock - Feature Request

ALT - button being set to a hold-toggle for players and GMs when token lock isn't turned on, like it is for the GM when token lock is turned on.
    (ideally allowing everyone approval permissions while the map's token lock master setting is turned off)

It is a useful movement measuring tool and my players love it, but the clicking of approve is driving me nuts.

That would be great, just like the other online tool R20. I'd love to tell me players they can use the move tool to measure movement, but then have it auto approve.

Maybe a global setting of Auto-approve while token lock is turned on could be added to the general campaign settings.

I'd actually see 3 settings that would be awesome:
    1. Approved by the GM (current behavior)
    2. Approved by the client (takes the load off the GM for movement, but leaves the player with flexibility with adjusting their path)
    3. Auto-approve (used as a simple measure of movement tool)
    Last edited by Daso; October 26th, 2020 at 12:54.

I don't know if it would be possible or if it would be feasible, but there could be something like:
    1- Combat Lock:
    It would allow the Token to move its movement rate in combat (I know that with that, they'll ask from Dash, well for that I thought of something in the Combat Tracker where the player could check this option after resetting their movement rate and thus renewing their rate movieimento, as to whether action or action bonuses I don’t know how to deal with). This rate would be renewed per shift. I know that for that it would be necessary to define in the base Ruleset, as this changes from Ruleset to Ruleset.
    2 - Exploration Lock: This fee generates the exploration movement and it would also be linked to the CT (this allows for greater movement and would organize movement in trips). I know that for this it would be necessary to define in the base Ruleset, as this changes from Ruleset to Ruleset.
    3 - Free Movement: It would allow the token to move freely, without taking into account the movement rate.
    But as I said, I don't know if this recoding is possible or viable.

I cannot see auto approval working without it being a bit janky, and I don't think they want to add too many settings as it would result in settings clutter.

Universally applicable ruleset agnostic simple options are what I can see them going with.

Post FG:U release I would love to see a settings menu overhaul with a focus on drop menus and sub setting windows. But until something like that happens I would expect any changes to be smaller in scope.

Blog Entries
    Are players supposed to be able to change their token facing when tokens are locked? They can't in Classic, but currently they are able to in Unity. Wondering what the final state of this will be.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Are players supposed to be able to change their token facing when tokens are locked? They can't in Classic, but currently they are able to in Unity. Wondering what the final state of this will be.
    They are able to do that, yes, and as far as I know that is supposed to be like that And I personally hope this stays like this; that players cannot do their own facing was the reason why I do not use token locking in FGC So, that is a great change

Thread Information