STAR TREK 2d20

Memorized spells vs Spellbook Spells in Combat Mode

Playing my first Wizard in 5e.

I have been adding every spell I can copy/learn to my character on the actions tab. I use the check marks on the left to select which are prepared vs just what I have in the spell book.

I have been told by other players that when I go to combat mode - vs standard, or preparation, the non prepared spells should disappear. After all, in combat I cant cast them. Is this a bug? Or a deliberate change?

Thanks,

EB

Blog Entries
    Can you please post screen shots of your actions tab in both Preparation mode and Combat mode?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Combat.jpg

Prep.jpg

Hope this helps, let me know if I can grab anything else.

Blog Entries
    So I'm not sure what the behavior is supposed to be, but I verified both in FGU and FGC that what you are seeing is the behavior I see on both. i.e. the Cast button disappears, but the spell entry is still shown.

Can anyone else verify the intended behavior?

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Good Day Elf_Boy
    I just made a level 6 Wiz with the character wizard. When I select my spells in the Preparation mode I see them all. When I switch to Combat mode all I see are my prepared spells, so something odd is happening with your set up.
    I noticed that your Cantrips are not at the top of the list like I normally see. Can you verify that you are not running any Extensions?

EDIT: I just looked again and it looks like your Combat mode is showing the same as the Standard mode for some reason.
    Last edited by Bonkon; October 26th, 2020 at 17:32.

Blog Entries
    I'm seeing the same thing Elf_Boy is, in both FGC and FGU, with no extensions in a 5E campaign (FGU I used the sample campaign, FGC I used a test campaign).

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkon View Post
    Good Day Elf_Boy
    I just made a level 6 Wiz with the character wizard. When I select my spells in the Preparation mode I see them all. When I switch to Combat mode all I see are my prepared spells, so something odd is happening with your set up.
    I noticed that your Cantrips are not at the top of the list like I normally see. Can you verify that you are not running any Extensions?

EDIT: I just looked again and it looks like your Combat mode is showing the same as the Standard mode for some reason.
    I use my own names for the spell groups. FG puts the spell groups in Alpha order.

Click on the magnifying glass for the Power Group and look at the field next to "Prepared". If it's blank, Fantasy Grounds will want to show you everything in that power group. If you put a 1 in there, it should start hiding everything that isn't prepared when you swap to Combat mode.

That does the trick.

Nice to know the option is there, could be better labeled - Show Prepared Spell Only in Combat Mode Yes/No, or some such.

Thread Information