DICE PACKS BUNDLE

gm tool -- recurring effects: monsters and (n)pc abilities (spoiler alert)

this might be useful for some gms...

notes:
    • to use this "creatures effects," you need to have the full overlay extension loaded / active
    • a complementary extension that would work well with this "creature effects" is available -- it populate spells and spell-like abilities effects -- watch video. very helpful. this extension requires and makes use of the farnaby / tanor spellbook module; details in that thread.

i started doing this because effects get reused either by recurring monsters within same ap or from completely different adventure paths, or (n)pcs whether in same or from different tables who share same class abilities.

i run 3 tables currently so there are certain repetitions when creating encounters or when a new player is added to table.

it's prob not the most effective way (i know, and open to suggestions, if any), but it helps me a lot during encounters to have effects in the creature stats itself (simply creating a spell class and label "effects"). i created a generic npc profile and continually add effects to it. currently, there are effects from 3 aps and each from at least 2 books, so there are quite a few that i've started. i may break them down by single ap because of load time, but so far, it's not too bad and is manageable.

in tables i've played, i know some gms appreciate having pc effects copied from my sheet to populate in other players', esp players who are new to fg. if you want to use, pm me for the xml file. once you have it, import it as it were a character and set to gm ownership/view only. then drop effects where needed into monster/(n)pc spells tab.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tahl_liadon; January 17th, 2021 at 17:49.
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

I add effects to each NPC or PC. Some effects are on the bag of holding. I have always wanted to organize more common effects, just too busy doing other things.

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Whenever I convert a module (working on a really over-the-top one called Yuletide Terror right now) I always do this for all the special abilities, feats, etc that I can.
    It would probably be worth submitting this work back to the Actions Library as well.
    The community bestiary modules could even get updates to include the effects...
    Last edited by bmos; October 29th, 2020 at 19:24.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    It would probably be worth submitting this work back to the Actions Library as well so you don't have to do it over and over on new NPCs.
    that would be nice... i will let that author reach out if there is time and desire to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    The community bestiary modules could even get updates to include the effects...
    haha that would be amazing but also a huge undertaking.
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

disregard

Thread Information