STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Problems with voting

In the chat log, my party tonight reported that they couldn't vote when /vote was used. I had six players, and none of them could click a vote.

Didn't know if anyone else had reported this yet.

I tested this out, worked ok.

Ruleset? Extensions?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yeah, that would probably be helpful eh? So dumb...

Ruleset: 5e
    Extensions: NPC Flavors (adds interesting tidbits to humanoid NPC names in the combat tracker)

And that's it!

I was able to uncover a minor issue where one of the circles didn't display on the player client when voting; but otherwise, the voting worked when I clicked on the circle. I only had 2 players connected at the time (in addition to the GM); since that's what I have for testing.

* Does it happen every time?
    * Can any of the players vote (by clicking on white bubble field), or are all of them blocked?

Regards,
    JPG

Only had the one opportunity to test with the players, but all of them reported non-functionality

* Can you try next session to see if it repeats?
    * Can you give me more information on the scenario? (ruleset/extensions/etc.)
    * What are the user names of the connected users? (You can use /info to get that information at any time they are connected.)

Thanks,
    JPG

We had the same issue with the PF2 ruleset yesterday - no extensions loaded. One person (out of six) was able to vote, the others not.

I will test this again the next session we have using the fifth edition rules, though I am afraid that won’t be for another two weeks as all of my sessions between now and then are within the alien RPG.

The original issue happened within these parameters:
    Ruleset: 5e
    Extensions: NPC Flavors (adds interesting tidbits to humanoid NPC names in the combat tracker)

The biggest problem I've observed with the voting system is not being able to track WHO is voting. Having the bubble filled in with the players die color seems like an obvious missing verification.

Thread Information