5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Effect to Deal Damage Equal to a Percentage of the Target's Maximum HP

Is there support to create an effect that deals damage equal to a percentage of the target's maximum HP? If not does anyone know of an extension that would handle that?

Ideally, I'd like critical hits with a certain weapon to deal an additional 10% of the target's maximum HP.

Separately, but possibly related would be a way to cap healing such as Life Domain clerics' Channel Divinity: Preserve Life.

There is nothing like that in any game system by default that I know of; so I'm guessing it's not likely to be something generally available. If it was built as an extension, it would need to be built for each game system separately, since the way weapons/attacks are defined and the way health works in each game system isn't always the same; and you'd have to override the weapon/attack code for PCs/NPCs as well as the damage rolling code.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by mattvictim View Post
    Is there support to create an effect that deals damage equal to a percentage of the target's maximum HP? If not does anyone know of an extension that would handle that?

Ideally, I'd like critical hits with a certain weapon to deal an additional 10% of the target's maximum HP.

Separately, but possibly related would be a way to cap healing such as Life Domain clerics' Channel Divinity: Preserve Life.
    You can do this with exts.

You need Theogeek's Nat20 ext and Constitutional Amendments ext.
    Both on the forge for free.

Thank you for the replies.

I see how Theogeek's Nat20 can make sure the extra damage I want only happens on crits (perfect). It looks like with Constitutional Amendments, I would only be able to reduce the Max HP of the target by the amount of damage done...

What I want to do is just do damage and leave the max unaffected.

Example:

Crit a monster with 137 Max Hp and 0 wounds - weapon does normal damage + extra die (standard crit behavior) + n (where n = 0.1 * 137 rounded down, or 13).

So if the same monster would get critically hit again after being wounded, it would still reference 0.1 * 137 on the next crit.

nat 20 I don't think does what you talking about.
    That is his other Improved Critical.

Nat 20 allows the coding to detect when you do a nat20, and when you do then you can do things.

If you looking to do it on any critical, you can not use nat20 and use the coding for damage "critical" and it will do the samething.

With CA you can do some crazy things with removing MaxHP, so check it out.

Thread Information