Starfinder Playlist

Player can't get past demo login

Summary: My player has downloaded both the standalone and steam Unity demo and hasn't been able to get past the login screen. It doesn't get past 'Logging in.' and he's tried disabling his firewall/AV and doing a fresh install. We've had success in FGC and he's still able to get into my campaign in classic, absolutely no issues there.

Operating System / Language Setting: Windows 7 English (United States)

Steps to Reproduce: I've tried logging into the demo on a separate device with his login information with no hitches. I'm attaching a screenshot of the login page he's stuck on and the contents of the FGUpdaterEngine.log when he encounters this error.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome!

OK just so I can make sure I am on the right track can he login to his account inside of Unity? If he can not does he have Admin right on this pc he is playing on? Saying he does. Does he have his network set to private?

Is there any software locking out which sites he can get access to? (AKA parental controls?)

I ask because he should be able to connect to Fantasy Ground and get updates. He is at the latest version and the DM is as well right?

If this error is showing up when he connect to your game for the first time what does the DM see? Do see him connecting or does he not ever show as connecting in the chat log?
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135468

Yes ye has admin rights, yes his network is set to private. No there are no parental controls. I believe hes on the latest version, the screenshot says v4.0.0 (09-30). I'm on the latest version and every other player is able to get into my game.

The error is that after inputting his login info and clicking login nothing else appears to happen, since he cant get past the login he can't even begin to join my game.

Edit: hes tried it on a seperate device(same network) with no luck so its probably a network issue
    Last edited by wreninspring; October 25th, 2020 at 06:16.

If he is on one of these ISP he might want to look at this thread.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...sers-Important

If he has any port forwarding in his router he might want to try disabling that. Also just a good reboot of all the network devices would be worth it. I used to have a switch that ever so often would start acting weird until I rebooted it then I was good for a few more months.
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.

Quote Originally Posted by wreninspring View Post
    Operating System / Language Setting: Windows 7 English (United States)
    I don't know if this is related to the issue, but Windows 7 is not supported. Some other users in the forums have reporting things not working correctly for Windows 7 - updates not working, app crashes before they start using it, etc.. The recommendation is not to try running FGU on Windows 7.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wreninspring View Post
    Yes ye has admin rights, yes his network is set to private. No there are no parental controls. I believe hes on the latest version, the screenshot says v4.0.0 (09-30). I'm on the latest version and every other player is able to get into my game.
    9-30 is not the latest version, and actually will not connect to the latest version (10-22). If you noticed after updating to the last few versions of FGU there was a big pop-up warning message saying that the network architecture has changed and that all people need to be on the same version.

Get all players to update and then check their versions, make sure you are all on the same version.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The screenshot shown in post #1 shows the FGU updater version date as 2020-09-30. This is not the same as the actual FG application version date.

The date on my updater is 2020-09-17, so the updater shown in post #1 is a more recent version than mine. However, that is the version date (2020-09-30) of the updater downloaded as part of the installation package. So this appears to be the latest version of the updater.

@wreninspring - you said the player tried it on another device on the network. Was this also Windows 7 or some other operating system?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

@Trenloe
    That players laptop is also windows 7, however I've just learned that a second player running windows 10 is having similar issues.

Player 2 is also on comcast, xfinity advanced security is not displaying any threats, his firewalls has exceptions for FG(He's tried disabled AV/FW) and he's able to connect to my FGC server with zero issues. This Player 2's updater engine log looks exactly the same as screenshot in the original post and he also cannot get past the demo login.

Any chance that either of the uses have a cell phone they could setup as a hotspot and connect to just to test if it is Comcast?

If anyone is using Comcast, make sure to check out this thread regarding their "Advanced Security" feature:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...sers-Important

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information