STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last

Code changed/updated?

Quote Originally Posted by zeroking View Post
    The site is indeed dead. i've been hosting it on my own site as well as when that site might go dark again. https://www.alexanderkorn.nl/dnd2fg/index.html
    Just curious if the code has changed much since I released this freely 2-3yrs ago?

Dave aka BoomerET
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Are you talking about the 5E ruleset code? If so, it has been slowly evolving, but is generally the same.

The most recent update did move the class specialization and subrace data around a little.

Regards,
    JPG

My apologies, I'll provide context.

I'm talking about the code for converting a D&D Beyond Character to the XML for Fantasy Grounds.

I wrote the initial code 3yrs ago, and was wondering how different it looked today.

Quote Originally Posted by dberkompas View Post
    My apologies, I'll provide context.

I'm talking about the code for converting a D&D Beyond Character to the XML for Fantasy Grounds.

I wrote the initial code 3yrs ago, and was wondering how different it looked today.
    I don't think it has changed much. I found a repo on git that was a year or 2 old. tested it and made some minor changes to it as there were some changes made to the code of D&D Beyond. Right now I'm looking into the new inventory system of them if i can add that in the xml as well. no success yet but i do have to say that I'm not actively trying atm due to holidays.
    Last edited by zeroking; July 19th, 2022 at 23:58. Reason: added quote.

That was most likely my repo, and it's now 2+ yrs old, and I just tried it, and it still works, amazing.

What 'new' inventory system are you talking about?

Dave

That was most likely my repo, and it's now 2+ yrs old, and I just tried it, and it still works, amazing.

What 'new' inventory system are you talking about?

Dave
    So in D&D Beyond they added inventories. So as an example. Before: all items in 1 container called backpack or inventory. Now: If you have a bag of holding it creates a new inventory named to that item where you can store things separately.
    I'll post an image as example:
    example.PNG
    This is fixable by using a loop in the inventory read-out.

I've changed a few things, but haven't had much time for any really new stuff.
    Come visit the Grim Press discord
    Giveaways, Games and a friendly community.

Playing around with:
    item.definition.isContainer == true

Looks promising.

Dave

Note: JSON fail. I created a character, put some things in the backpack, and pulled the JSON, and nothing that was in the Backpack showed up in the JSON data.

How very odd.

Possibly because the inventory feature is relatively new, and the JSON generation is legacy?
    Last edited by dberkompas; July 21st, 2022 at 14:38.

Playing around with:
    item.definition.isContainer == true

Looks promising.

Dave

Note: JSON fail. I created a character, put some things in the backpack, and pulled the JSON, and nothing that was in the Backpack showed up in the JSON data.

How very odd.

Possibly because the inventory feature is relatively new, and the JSON generation is legacy?
    I thought it was maybe the way that we were requesting the json, but couldn't find another api to get it from.
    Come visit the Grim Press discord
    Giveaways, Games and a friendly community.

Now that Wizards has absorbed D&D Beyond would it not be pertinent for FG to get on the band wagon to provide more support for that app?
    I am thinking import of characters into FG, export into my D&D Beyond account, and the wildest dream the control of my character moves, rolls, etc... from the D&D Beyond app itself.
    Guys whichever VTT gets there first will probably be the next mission for Wizards to "absorb" or be absorbed by...
    I hope FG fusion with Steam, which I embraced, has led to an expanded FG "empire"...
    Keep up the great work there!

Sincerely,
    Dred

Thread Information