DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by SieferSeesSomething View Post
    You might be. I just tried it on Fantasy Grounds Unity and it seemed to work fine. What issue did you have?
    I've circled back to the importer and when I use it now (putting character number in, clicking " Get Character Data" and selecting Unity as the FG Verson) I get nothing. In the past, it would spit out the xml after clicking "get character data". I'm not certain what went wrong for me these last few times. I'm using Beyond to Fantasy Grounds Character Interchange (beyond2fgconvert.com)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    I've circled back to the importer and when I use it now (putting character number in, clicking " Get Character Data" and selecting Unity as the FG Verson) I get nothing. In the past, it would spit out the xml after clicking "get character data". I'm not certain what went wrong for me these last few times. I'm using Beyond to Fantasy Grounds Character Interchange (beyond2fgconvert.com)
    I believe with the original tool the character had to be marked public. Is that still a thing with DDB? If so, check your character and see if they are viewable by everyone.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks for the suggestion LordEntrails. Unfortunately, that's not the issue as the Character Privacy is set as "Public"

Sorry you are having this trouble. You can use the contact page to send me the character number or post it here. I'll take a look and see what is going on.
    Come visit the Grim Press discord
    Giveaways, Games and a friendly community.

Quote Originally Posted by deltadave View Post
    Sorry you are having this trouble. You can use the contact page to send me the character number or post it here. I'll take a look and see what is going on.
    DeltaDave - I appreciate you reaching out and offering to help! Bit of a good news/bad news situation but positive development. I got the exporter to work - but have no idea why...I was always logged in to my D&D Beyond account and had the characters made public....near as I can tell those are the only potential gotchas as the tool is remarkable easy to use most of the time. Regardless - its all good now and thanks to everyone for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    DeltaDave - I appreciate you reaching out and offering to help! Bit of a good news/bad news situation but positive development. I got the exporter to work - but have no idea why...I was always logged in to my D&D Beyond account and had the characters made public....near as I can tell those are the only potential gotchas as the tool is remarkable easy to use most of the time. Regardless - its all good now and thanks to everyone for the help!
    Glad that it's working for you. If you want to send your character ID, I can search through the logs and see if there was a problem with your character or in general. No guarantees that anything would show up, but it would be worth a look.

The link now goes to "can't reach this page" - is this dead?

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoGM View Post
    The link now goes to "can't reach this page" - is this dead?
    https://dnd.prophetsofdoom.org/ is still up if needed.

Unfortunately that site is dead. The new site is https://beyond2fantasygrounds.com/

The site is indeed dead. i've been hosting it on my own site as well as when that site might go dark again. https://www.alexanderkorn.nl/dnd2fg/index.html

Thread Information