DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Putting Tokens on Different Layer in FGU

I want to rain on the tokens and maybe put them under lava, the problem is that the tokens are always on the top layer of the map (from what I can see). Is there an extension to do this? (I saw something like it for Classic, but it is not for Unity)

I’m not aware of any way to change the token layer in Unity. Not even sure that would be desirable either.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Blog Entries
    Similar question in another post recently, Moon Wizard (lead dev) said that the order that things are rendered in the image window is set and not modifiable.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

You can accomplish much the same thing by using painting layers:

1. Create a new painting layer.
    2. Go into stamp mode and drag the token you want into the image selector.
    3. Stamp the token where you want it.

Now you can toggle that painting layer between invisible, show to GM only, and show to all. I'm not sure if there's a practical limitation to the number of painting layers you can have. This also doesn't solve the problem of a token that moves across the map. But it works pretty well for things like landmarks or environmental effects that don't move.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post

Now you can toggle that painting layer between invisible, show to GM only, and show to all. I'm not sure if there's a practical limitation to the number of painting layers you can have. This also doesn't solve the problem of a token that moves across the map. But it works pretty well for things like landmarks or environmental effects that don't move.
    This was very useful to me, thank you!
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post

My hero

I remember this extension for FGC and I don't know, but I think it would be very useful, being able to place and have mobility or better access to the token in any layer, it would bring more immersion, just like the lights and vision do.
    A silly example would be tokens shrouded in a mystical fog that prevents them from knowing if the target is friend or foe or even simulating that they dove into a lake after a chest with valuable treasure!

Thread Information