FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Locking Effects Layer so it doesn't move the Effect when moving the image

Hi All,

Is there a way to lock the effects layer so that it move in sync with the image map when you move it around by pressing the mouse wheel? For example when i put a water layer with mask as shown on Doug's awesome video i notice that where the droplet is(center point of water effect) doesn't stay in the same spot when you move the image.

Thanks
    Patou a.k.a: Patmaster
    Challenging players since 1987
    2E, 3.5E & now 5E
    https://twitter.com/PatouLeFou
    Discord = @PatouLeFou

Quote Originally Posted by Patou View Post
    Hi All,

Is there a way to lock the effects layer so that it move in sync with the image map when you move it around by pressing the mouse wheel? For example when i put a water layer with mask as shown on Doug's awesome video i notice that where the droplet is(center point of water effect) doesn't stay in the same spot when you move the image.

Thanks
    You can turn off the droplet (then it just wobbles), other than that I do not know how The Fx effects cover the "camera" over which you can put a mask, a nice approach because that is probably better approach for the performance when it does not to cover the map directly, but the disadvantage is then that it moves with your camera as you see with the droplet

(at least this is how I think it works, I may be wrong )

I just did the Village of Julkoun fx water (for the river and the moats) and the water stays where I masked it when I drag the map around using the mousewheel. I have got the map layer locked too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    I just did the Village of Julkoun fx water (for the river and the moats) and the water stays where I masked it when I drag the map around using the mousewheel. I have got the map layer locked too.
    Yeah, i will also have that where the water stays where I masked it but the effects layer (water droplet for example) beneath on that effects layer will not follow the image layer; only the mask does.
    2E, 3.5E & now 5E
    Discord = @PatouLeFou

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    That is not what is meant There is some droplet in the center of the camera, the source of the water waves This moves with the camera

That is the setting I meant by the way, put that to zero, then you do not have this droplet
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kelrugem; October 24th, 2020 at 18:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post

That is the setting I meant by the way, put that to zero, then you do not have this droplet
    Will give it a go
    2E, 3.5E & now 5E
    Discord = @PatouLeFou

Blog Entries
    I'm not the biggest fan of the water droplet effect either and typically turn it down to near zero. The layer effects are screen-based. That's why the drop is always in the center of the image view. I've made some tweaks to the shaders to make them more responsive to the view (zoom and pan). For the droplet, I've made it more of a general ripple effect that I think works better. These updates should be in the next release.

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    I'm not the biggest fan of the water droplet effect either and typically turn it down to near zero. The layer effects are screen-based. That's why the drop is always in the center of the image view. I've made some tweaks to the shaders to make them more responsive to the view (zoom and pan). For the droplet, I've made it more of a general ripple effect that I think works better. These updates should be in the next release.
    Very nice! Eager to check this out! Was testing this effect with the dungeons in Princes of the Apocalypse and it was pretty sweet.

With that I was wondering if we will be seeing further effects or effect packs in the future?

Thanks for answering by the way (very cool)
    2E, 3.5E & now 5E
    Discord = @PatouLeFou

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    Perhaps an option to move the locati9n of the droplet could be implemented one day (like and x y slider)

Thread Information