5E Character Create Playlist

FGU auto centering when starting

I start FGU and move it to the top of the screen, I then close FGU. When I restart FGU you will notice that it is once again centered on the desktop. This feature (if that is what it is) is a pain if you want to have FGU maximized, because FGU will still center itself on the desktop even if you maximized it prior.

At first I thought it was because I had FGC & FGU installed on the same computer, but I installed FGU on a different computer that never had FGC installed on it and it did the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by KlatuB View Post
    I start FGU and move it to the top of the screen, I then close FGU. When I restart FGU you will notice that it is once again centered on the desktop. This feature (if that is what it is) is a pain if you want to have FGU maximized, because FGU will still center itself on the desktop even if you maximized it prior.

At first I thought it was because I had FGC & FGU installed on the same computer, but I installed FGU on a different computer that never had FGC installed on it and it did the same thing.
    I'd have to second this - that screen not remembering where I last closed it is very annoying.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Anyone from Smiteworks have any suggestions on how to fix this

I'm not seeing this. Whenever I open FGU it opens where it was when I last closed it, even if I have it stretched across multiple screens. The only time that it resizes and centres itself is after an update when it reverts to the middle of the screen for whatever reason.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I'm not seeing this. Whenever I open FGU it opens where it was when I last closed it, even if I have it stretched across multiple screens. The only time that it resizes and centres itself is after an update when it reverts to the middle of the screen for whatever reason.
    hm, strange, for me this does not work, it does not remember FGU's last position etc; therefore some people suggested to turn on some option in Windows to force it to maximize it on start, because it didn't work for this people, too

okay, correction: It at least remembers that it was maximized, but it moves the window always to the same position (such that it does not fully span over the monitor, instead it is cut off at the bottom a bit)

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I see this all the time - bottom of screen is cut off and has to always be shifted around in certain cases. Annoying. Windows 10 - when screen is maximized maybe? Or takes up a lot of real estate.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Thread Information