5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Update ruined editing

Hi all;
    The last update did something to the Ctl-J functioning - it no longer merges the lines in the pasted text, instead, it just lines them up. I have to manually delete an additional space to merge lines of copied text.
    Also, the pasted text looks like it is 3 spaces between lines, does this have to do with the 'soft-enter' functioning that was mentioned in the update?
    Can we get rid of this, I've been copy/pasting stuff into my modules for a couple of years now and with this update, I now have to do dozens of 'deletes' each time I want to create a paragraph of text.

My fingers are already wearing out.
    Ultimate license owner.
    I use FG online as well as at the tabletop. I usually stream my games; Savage Worlds - Sat at 6, Sunday at 2 and 6pm and 5e on Monday at 6:30 pm Pacific time. Look for 7thSim on Twitch!

Can you give me an example of a document that you are copying and pasting from, so I can recreate the situation here?

Thanks,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Can you give me an example of a document that you are copying and pasting from, so I can recreate the situation here?

Thanks,
    JPG
    Not the OP, but basically anything with linebreaks in my experience. I was copying data from the following PF2e site last night and noticed it. (not this specific link, but it is the same site wide and with anything copied from notepad++)

easy action library PF2e link

Ok, I think I see what is happening; this definitely has to do with the recent changes and supporting the soft returns.

It looks like I can fix the paste issue in a fairly straightforward way; but need to have a think about the Join function as it relates to soft returns.

I should probably have something for the next release build.

Regards,
    JPG

thanks folks.
    Ultimate license owner.
    I use FG online as well as at the tabletop. I usually stream my games; Savage Worlds - Sat at 6, Sunday at 2 and 6pm and 5e on Monday at 6:30 pm Pacific time. Look for 7thSim on Twitch!

Thread Information