5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

New Support for Versatile Weapons with 12/08 Patch Question

I saw in today's (12/08) update that they added support for versatile weapons. The new buttons on weapons allow you to select if it is off hand, one handed, or two handed, but it doesn't seem to effect the rolls. Regardless of the choice, a warhammer only rolls with a D8. Is this intentional? Seems fairly useless if it doesn't allow you to conveniently bounce between damage dice depending on what hands you are using.
    Last edited by Dudin; December 9th, 2020 at 00:47.

Some questions:
    * Are you using any extensions? If so, can you try without extensions loaded?
    * Does the warhammer you are adding have the Versatile (1d#) property?

Regards,
    JPG

Just tried this out and it's working fine for me! Really appreciate the addition

Forgot about extension interaction. Looks like from my trial and error testing, it is Celestian's 5e advanced effects extension that isn't playing nice with it. Sorry about the confusion.

This removes need for "Weapon Handling" extension then?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Indus101 View Post
    This removes need for "Weapon Handling" extension then?
    It depends on what you use that extension for. My understanding is that extension does some enforcement types of things that this functionality does not do (by design).

Note, I also would expect this function to break that extension, but not sure.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    It depends on what you use that extension for. My understanding is that extension does some enforcement types of things that this functionality does not do (by design).

Note, I also would expect this function to break that extension, but not sure.
    It did. The thread for the extension has some extensive discussion about it. Unfortunately, the original developer of the extension hasn't been active on the forums since September, so might be a while until he notices and can fix it.

Thread Information