STAR TREK 2d20

Fantasy Grounds Connection Steam Purchase

I really need some help on this and I am at a loss and very confused.

I purchased FG on Steam a while back and I am able to connect on a LAN without a problem. Here lately, my friends want to start playing a virtual DND 5E and I purchased FG Ultimate with several mods through Steam. I get a connection failure repeatedly when I try to run a test. I am able to connect to fantasygrounds.com website without a problem, which is one of the suggestions in the program. Here is what I have done:

I am a spammer

1. Port Forwarding. I set FantasyGrounds.exe on port 1802 with TCP (even tried UDP) with my internal IP address (192.168.1.144)
    2. My network is set to private.
    3. My firewall is disabled and I even set FG to allow.
    4. I tried resetting the router (even in bridge mode which I had to reset my router completely because it hosed the network).
    5. I tried connecting directly using my cable modem (ARRIS).
    6. I can connect to other games (everquest) just fine.
    7. I downloaded the program suggested to try to see if the port 1802 was open. It is not open for some reason.
    8. I tried changing from a dynamic to a static IP.
    9. I had a friend download the demo and connect to me using my external ip.
    10. I tried the tracert 8.8.8.8

Please help.

Moosewala.
    Last edited by damned; April 7th, 2021 at 04:12.

* Are you using FG Classic or FG Unity?
    * Note that port 1802 will not be open unless you are currently hosting a game as a GM.

If you are using FG Classic,
    * Can you try the Test Connection button on the launch screen? What does it say?
    * Try loading a campaign; and using https://canyouseeme.org/ to check whether it says port 1802 is open for the external IP address reported by FG Classic on the launcher load screen.

* Try posting the output of your tracert to this thread:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ions-Explained

* You mentioned that your friend was able to connect to your external IP in #9; which implies that you got it working?

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosewala View Post
    I really need some help on this and I am at a loss and very confused.

I purchased FG on Steam a while back and I am able to connect on a LAN without a problem. Here lately, my friends want to start playing a virtual DND 5E and I purchased FG Ultimate with several mods through Steam. I get a connection failure repeatedly when I try to run a test. I am able to connect to fantasygrounds.com website without a problem, which is one of the suggestions in the program. Here is what I have done:

1. Port Forwarding. I set FantasyGrounds.exe on port 1802 with TCP (even tried UDP) with my internal IP address (192.168.1.144)
    2. My network is set to private.
    3. My firewall is disabled and I even set FG to allow.
    4. I tried resetting the router (even in bridge mode which I had to reset my router completely because it hosed the network).
    5. I tried connecting directly using my cable modem (ARRIS).
    6. I can connect to other games (everquest) just fine.
    7. I downloaded the program suggested to try to see if the port 1802 was open. It is not open for some reason.
    8. I tried changing from a dynamic to a static IP.
    9. I had a friend download the demo and connect to me using my external ip.
    10. I tried the tracert 8.8.8.8

Please help.

Moosewala.
    You have to set the port TCP 1802 as open on your router and point it to your internal IP. You should remove whatever you set up for FantasyGrounds.exe.

You also don’t need to install any programs from port forward.com. We just point people there for the step by step instructions that are written for most popular routers.

If you are using Fantasy Classic then you would need to port forward TCP 1802.

If you are using Unity best to go with the cloud option but if you need to do port forward for some reason it uses UDP 1802 by default but you can change the port in the "Load Campaign" screen.
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135468

Thread Information