Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    The data folder looks identical, without a warning it came as a surprise.

We highly recommend using the default folder locations. We assume that users are aware that there are risks with changing default install paths.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    We highly recommend using the default folder locations. We assume that users are aware that there are risks with changing default install paths.

Regards,
    JPG
    I assume that if something is going to change something and I can not back out of it that I would get a pop up notice about it. See how well assumptions work.

Also lots of people have a Games drive so they never really ready the install paths since they always change the default path.
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135468

We don't have any way to know if the user is performing an expected behavior or an unexpected behavior.

* Is the data folder that a user points to from FGC? (The folder structures are similar for backward compatibility.)
    * Or is the data folder from a previous install of FGU? (Just trying to re-install.)
    * Or if they are moving over from FGC to FGU and they want it there to migrate? (That's what the user meant to do.)
    * Or some other scenario...

I'm sure there is some combination of assumption and warnings that we can throw up for all the permutations, and try to protect people from messing when they change things they don't necessarily understand. I'll save that sort of in-depth diving for further down the release trail.

Regards,
    JPG

Thank you! I know you can not save everyone from themselves.
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135468

Thread Information