STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

LFG/Willing to GM 2.0, 5e, SWADE

My name is Josh, I'm looking to get in a regular weekly game. I'm free after 4:30pm pst Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. I have been gaming for 30 some odd years, I have experience with many different systems. Currently my 2 favorite systems are PF2.0 and Savage Worlds Adventure Edition. I prefer fantasy, but definitely enjoy Rifts, and Deadlands SWADE edition. I enjoy longer campaigns with a longer over arching plot. I have school aged kids, that sometimes need a bit of attention when I play online, but for most part I have a private room I can play in.

I have a license for both FG, but prefer unity.

My philosophy/background as a GM:
    • I enjoy a good mix of Roleplaying and combat. For example not all the fights I lead will result in enemy fighting to the death. Goblins run or beg, they do have self preservation.

• I don't mind character deaths, I believe there needs to be a level of difficulty, thought I'm not looking to TPK.

• I tend to enjoy having the conversation be 18+ safe. I swear a bit.

• I am stilling learning to use Unity and transition to online gaming since the pandemic. So far I have GMed a few sessions with a few different game systems.

• I like to address players by character name and prefer in character conversation. You don't have to have a voice, my voice range is limited, but I don't mind trying.

• I'm not big on streaming, but don't really care either way, I have done a podcast before, but I'm not looking to starting one up.

• Camera's can take it or leave it, it is up to you.

• I prefer not to guide the story to heavily, so I don't like ask what do you want to do?

• I do like, but do not require characters draft a paragraph backstory, or write a 1-3 bullet points of goals/motivations. I do enjoy when players but some depth to their characters.

• I like to keep a consistent schedule/commitment. With that said life happens I usually will run a session with a player down, but prefer full group.

• I tell my players when they level up, versus handing out experience. I'm not a big book keeper when it comes to advancements.

• I do like to utilize stress/mental health limits for characters, whether it is related to horror or prolonged combat. At times I might be strict on equipment and resource management for game effect.

• I prefer when all players participate and will cut others off to give time for those that might not speak up as well.

• I am open to feedback and criticism. I prefer a warm open group.

Player philosophy.
    • Much of what I said as a gm.

• I like to think of a concept before I make a character.

• Not a min maxer, I like a character with theme and story. Than top of class.

I am hoping to either start a group up, or jump into an existing group.
    Last edited by MrBigglesworth; October 22nd, 2020 at 02:59.

Two players able to start at at the designated time on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursdays. My name is Kyle, my gf's name is Lynette. We'd love to be a part of your game if it doesn't go on too late. we could only go for about 3 hours..
    FG License: Unity Ultimate License
    Timezone: -5 EST/EDT

very interested. been looking for a game to join for a while. if you plan on dming or seeking a dm please keep me in mind. time zone work although i am free after 5.

Very cool. Hopefully we get one more minimum and hash out some details. I also plan to flush out my opening post a bit more when I’m home.

Me and my brother are open to play after 5pm. Though our Tuesday's are not free.

Hi folks thanks for your interesting. Please join https://discord.gg/8Y453V. Would like to plan a meetup on discord, and talk through details. From consensus I could do Mondays 5pm-8pm pst. Also what system is everyone interested in? I'm totally open. Discord is easier to track and communicate for me. Others who have not posted yet are welcome too.

Updated discord link. Final group not solidified yet. Feel free to join.
    https://discord.gg/z7s3KE

If you still need people I might be interested depending on the time.
    Last edited by Gradis; October 24th, 2020 at 10:24.

We are full for now folks. Thanks for interesting if something changes I will put something up.

Thread Information