FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Zuilin's Whisper Windows for 5E FGU

* I AM NO LONGER MAINTAINING THIS EXTENSION. I MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN PASSING ON THE TORCH TO THE RIGHT DEV IF THE OPPORTUNITY ARISES. *

* NOW WORKS WITH ALL CORERPG BASED RULESETS, NOT JUST 5E! *

Available now at Fantasy Grounds Forge: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/168/view

The Best Way to Send and Receive Whispers in 5E FGU!

Whispering in Fantasy Grounds Unity could be better, right?

• Do you need to pass notes during your D&D game?
    • Tired of typing “/w…” and “/r” all the time to send whispers?
    • Do you sometimes not see incoming whispers and miss critical information in the busy, scrolling chat window, or while your attention is focused elsewhere?
    • Are other windows covering your chat window and also causing you to miss incoming whispers?

Zuilin’s Whisper Windows is the solution!

• By creating pop-up windows each time you receive a whisper, you’ll no longer miss seeing them in the busy chat window.
    • Reply right in the Whisper Window!
    • Using the built-in right-click-to-start-a-whisper system is easier than ever! (When you right-click on a portrait to start a whisper, you get a new whisper window right there...much quicker than using /w or having to correctly position your cursor in the chat window.)

Great for players and Dungeon Masters!

1 Whisper to Marge.jpg
    2 Whisper from Gerzalt.jpg
    3 Whisper from GM.jpg
    Last edited by zuilin; December 19th, 2023 at 16:21.

Blog Entries
    MOD: Moved to Paid Creations

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Any chance to allow links to be sent as whisper (drag link symbol to whisper window)?

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Any chance to allow links to be sent as whisper (drag link symbol to whisper window)?
    No plans at this time, but it's an interesting idea.

I'd like to send players whispering links to NPCs when they identify a monster. Currently I drag it to the chat and tell everyone not to look other than the player who identified. Then the identifying player takes a quick look, gets overwhelmed by information while being stressed by combat. This leads to the nice effect of monster information being relayed a bit hastily and often only partly correct or at least mechanically only roughly explained. Quite fitting for combat situations.

I'd like to send players whispering links to NPCs when they identify a monster. Currently I drag it to the chat and tell everyone not to look other than the player who identified. Then the identifying player takes a quick look, gets overwhelmed by information while being stressed by combat. This leads to the nice effect of monster information being relayed a bit hastily and often only partly correct or at least mechanically only roughly explained. Quite fitting for combat situations.
    Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm not at the PC right now, but can't you just drag the text to the player portrait top left of the screen, to give only that person the info? Or am I misunderstanding? (wouldn't be the first time! )

Nope. You can drag text from the chat window to the player portrait, but you cannot drag text or links from encounter/NPC info to the portrait.

You can drag the encounter/NPC link (red dragon button) to the chat for everyone to click/open, but it would be great to do that for whispers as well (drag link on portrait -> whisper window opens for the player showing the link to click on).

Hi. Sorry, I'm just trying to get a feel for what it is you want to share? Is it the flavour text for an NPC or the full NPC sheet, and the full story that contains the encounter? It's just that I've just tried with a second player instance of FG and I've been able to drop all those things onto the PC portrait and have them appear in their instance? Obviously I only have the one player (myself) connected so it maybe that when I (GM) drop the link/text etc on the portrait it would appear to everyone rather than just the portrait owner? I'm using Unity by the way.

Sorry not trying to be obtuse, just trying to help if I can (plus I get to learn something new)
    Last edited by Ludd_G; January 26th, 2021 at 15:31.

Thread Information