5E Character Create Playlist

Thread: Token Counter

Token Counter

Hi FG Experts,

In my campaign my characters have to defend a city by leading different (small) armies. I invented some kind of mini-ruleset for this kind of encounters.

So now to my problem: I would like to have a counter on the army token where one can see the number/size of the army. I would be totally fine if I could add single digits (0-9). Has anyone any idea how i can deal with this? or do I have to work around it "manually" and count.

maybe an example
    Army1 consists of 5 units
    Army 2 of 8 units

Army 1 attacks Army 2 and kills 3 Units. Now both counters should show 5

Thank you for help.

BR
    Honean

Set them up as NPC's and use HP. it wouldn't have a number token, but you can add health bars which would be a different visual representation.

IMO if I was doing this I would use different tokens for each army and then in the combat tracker I would list the army size in either the name or the effects. Adding in picture.
    army.jpg
    Last edited by Granamere; October 20th, 2020 at 15:07.
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135468

Thank you both for the fast replys.

I love both solutions because they are super easy . I feel a little stupid now that i did not think about HP bars

Thx a lot guys

Quote Originally Posted by Honean View Post
    Thank you both for the fast replys.

I love both solutions because they are super easy . I feel a little stupid now that i did not think about HP bars

Thx a lot guys
    No problem, it's always easy to overlook the simplest solutions

Haha that's fantastic Nylanfs.

The POV that is treating the PCs/NPCs as generic stats, that we have to add our imagination to, to understand their scale representation.
    A single NPC token can be a scale of one or it can be a scale of many. This can be seen in the monsters, as some of them are actually whole swarms of something, as one token.

Thread Information