STAR TREK 2d20

[BUG] Masked Images not retained

Why does FGU not pick up the maskedimages data from a migrated FGC campaign? Am I doing something wrong?
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; October 20th, 2020 at 09:48.

I moved your post to a new thread since as far as I can see this is an issue.

I tested this and it would seem that FGU isn't retaining any data about masked images at all. I started a new campaign and opened up one of the FG Battlemaps and added a mask and then revealed some areas. I then closed out of the campaign. On re-opening it none of the masked information was retained. I found no maskedimages folder had been created (but that might not happen in Unity anyway); but I also couldn't find any masking information in the db.xml for the campaign. I did mote that there had been a couple of lines written to the moduledb folder for the map used but nothing there about what the mask was all about either.

So if FGU isn't even retaining masking fro images that are masked in FGU then it is probably unlikely that it will see them in imported campaigns. It is entirely possible that FGU uses a different method of masking that FGC and the two may not be compatible in any case. But there is an issue of some kind it seems.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I tried something similar as well but with a different result, on the migrated campaign : deleted my mask from one of the maps, added a new one and reveales some areas. After closing and reopening FGU, the revealed areas were maintained, but strangely, nothing in the maskedimagesfolder had changed. I have no idea where FGU stored the information. (Note: I'm using the Linux version.)

FGC and FGU use completely different formats for mask information. So, it will not be available when migrating campaigns from FGC to FGU.

Regards,
    JPG

OK thanks. Can you tell where FGU stores the information?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaister View Post
    OK thanks. Can you tell where FGU stores the information?
    FGU stores masks as polygonal data, not as a bitmap. The mask data is in the DB.xml for the campaign as a series of points defining the mask shapes. You could drop in the image from maskedimages into your FGU campaign and use it as a layer on the map to retrace the masked data if you need the mask data transferred over.

Thanks for the tip, but I guess, I'll try my hand at adding LoS data to the maps, or if I can't get that done for the next gaming session, just recreate the mask.

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    FGU stores masks as polygonal data, not as a bitmap. The mask data is in the DB.xml for the campaign as a series of points defining the mask shapes. You could drop in the image from maskedimages into your FGU campaign and use it as a layer on the map to retrace the masked data if you need the mask data transferred over.
    I kinda thought that was the case but it doesn't seem to be happening. The screenshot shows the battlemap with mask and some areas revealed. But the xml in the moduledb file is just this:

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <root version="4" dataversion="20200528">
        <image>
            <id-00013>
                <locked type="number">1</locked>
            </id-00013>
        </image>
    </root>
    When the campaign is opened up again the map is bereft of any masking and has reverted to it's initial state.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information