DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Steam version

Steam version

Why is the Steam version more expensive than the version from Fantasy Grounds? Steam has instructions for how to activate a Fantasy Grounds website purchase on Steam. Why are they selling a version that's more expensive? Is that just their markup?

Steam does take a cut, but I've never heard of there being a mark-up (Smiteworks just gets short changed in the deal). The only reason to buy from Steam in my experience is if you are an international customer and their regional pricing is advantageous compared to a direct currency conversion and buying direct from Smiteworks. I've never heard of the Steam regional pricing being worse, but I guess it is possible. In that case there is no reason to buy from Steam, because as you said, you can always register your license with them later if you wanted (though there really isn't a reason to).

Blog Entries
    Welcome

If you are comparing apples to apples, it should not be.
    Please post link to the Steam product page and the FG Store product page so we can verify.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Welcome

If you are comparing apples to apples, it should not be.
    Please post link to the Steam product page and the FG Store product page so we can verify.
    Here's the Steam product page https://store.steampowered.com/bundl...imate_license/

Here's the FG product page:https://www.fantasygrounds.com/home/...oundsUnity.php

Quote Originally Posted by DanoWins View Post
    The name is a bit misleading, but that is a big bundle, scroll down You get a standard and ultimate license for both, FGC and FGU That are four licenses

Quote Originally Posted by lavoiejh View Post
    The only reason to buy from Steam in my experience is if you are an international customer and their regional pricing is advantageous compared to a direct currency conversion and buying direct from Smiteworks.
    Yup, that's the case with Brazilian Reais, for example. Steam store front is MUCH cheaper for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    The name is a bit misleading, but that is a big bundle, scroll down You get a standard and ultimate license for both, FGC and FGU That are four licenses
    Do I NEED 4 licenses? Do I WANT 4? If FGC is going away and everything is switching to FGU, what good are the FGC ones?

Do I NEED 4 licenses? Do I WANT 4? If FGC is going away and everything is switching to FGU, what good are the FGC ones?
    In general you just need one license, I'd say And Unity is already in a good phase So, I'd say just buy one license for unity

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    In general you just need one license, I'd say And Unity is already in a good phase So, I'd say just buy one license for unity
    Yeah. I think that's my plan. Just the $149 from the FG website and then activate on Steam so all of my games are in one library.

Blog Entries
    Yeah. I think that's my plan. Just the $149 from the FG website and then activate on Steam so all of my games are in one library.
    Note that FG will not actually store any of your campaigns or content in Steam. Nor will it reduce your "logistics" as you will still have to link your FG and Steam accounts and manage your FG account here on the website.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information