STAR TREK 2d20

footer and initiative marker not working

In FGU footers are not visible anymore while in FGC they still are (screenshots for both FGU and FGC, both times chapter 00.04 Introduction from Curse of Strahd). This is probably a low priority bug.

I also believe that the initiative marker (or "Turn Activation Marker" in the older Wiki - see WIKI) should be available for drag&drop on any player in the CT? At least I think it once worked like that. Now it does not anymore - neither in FGC nor FGU.
    Should this feature still be supported? If not then I think the marker should be removed from the GUI.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    This is probably impacted by ruleset and theme. Can you let us know which one(s) you are using? I think that will help get the devs to a solution quicker
    Last edited by LordEntrails; October 19th, 2020 at 19:58.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

There are no 'footer' markers at the end of each page that I can see (and never has been), and the turn marker on the CT is working fine. As LE says if you are using extensions or themes disable them to test if that is the problem.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Sure - it is in D&D 5th edition that those things are not working anymore - also in the other rulesets that I have been using btw.
    And Zacchaeus - I am not talking about the functionality of the turn marker activated by the "Next Actor Button". THIS is working fine - I am talking about the DRAG&DROP functionality.

As for the footer - please take a look at the screenshots. The difference is obvious in my opinion. And yes - there is a footer in FGC - even in DnD.
    Last edited by JMessmer; October 19th, 2020 at 20:46.

Quote Originally Posted by JMessmer View Post
    Sure - it is in D&D 5th edition that those things are not working anymore - also in the other rulesets that I have been using btw.
    And Zacchaeus - I am not talking about the functionality of the turn marker activated by the "Next Actor Button". THIS is working fine - I am talking about the DRAG&DROP functionality.

As for the footer - please take a look at the screenshots. The difference is obvious in my opinion. And yes - there is a footer in FGC - even in DnD.
    We are talking about the same thing - I think; just using different wording. the thing you circled in your graphic above (which I called the turn marker) is working for me. That is I can drag it and drop it to any actor on the CT. If that isn't what you are talking about then can you expend.

It does seem that there is in fact a curly thing at the foot of each page in Classic (now that I've looked - I've never noticed it before) which isn't present in Unity. So that is likely an issue; whether it has been removed because it was causing a problem or is an actual issue I'm not sure.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Drag/drop of the initiative marker needs to be done to the little marker to the left of the token for the CT entry. It doesn't work dropping it just anywhere on the CT entry.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Footers are deprecated in FGU for lists and formatted text fields. If you need a footer, add as a generic control icon below the text field.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks Trenloe, for the hint with the initiative marker. I am using it only rarely. I can confirm it is working.
    And also thanks to JPG for the information that footers are deprecated. I must have missed that.
    So all my issues from this post are resolved.

Thread Information