DICE PACKS BUNDLE

desktopdecal and imagebackpanel not working

I have been looking at this issue for days now and still have not been able to identify the root cause. I am getting really desperate and hope that somebody might be able to give me a clue.

This is what is happening (see screenshot: Capture_FGU.PNG). All the buttons marked with red circles are not reacting and the image is being overlaid by the desktop decal. In the normal image mode all the buttons are working properly. Even the new LOS functionality is working properly.

I checked the following files and compared with CORE:
    scripts/manager_image.lua
    campaign/scripts/image.lua
    campaign/scripts/imagewindow.lua
    campaign/record_image.xml
    desktop/desktop_panels.xml
    desktop/desktop_classes.xml
    scripts/data_desktop.lua
    scripts/manager_desktop.lua

Does anybody have any hints what else I might want to check?
    Thanks a lot in advance...
    Attached Images Attached Images

It seems like something has changed the order in which the panels were defined. When you override a panel definition, you are moving it in the stack order for display and layout.

Regards,
    JPG

Great tip with the overlay problem, JPG. I really had a duplicate definition of the desktop decal in an extension. I removed it and the overlay problem disappeared. Thanks a lot

As for the toolbar problem: I deactivated all extensions and the toolbar buttons are still not active in the backpanel. Usually I would assume that some item definitions are not properly done. But I think that the backpanel and the imagewindow share the same toolbar. Has anybody an idea why the toolbar works for the imagewindow but not for the imagebackpanel? It all comes down to class "imagewindow_toolbar". The implementation for the backpanel is copied from CORE.

I am still having problems with the backpanel. Partly the buttons are active while some are not clickable.
    All the buttons in the red zone are inactive. The buttons below that zone, like Zoom Extents, Show/Hide Shortcuts ... are all working fine.

According to the debug output the buttons are visible and active:

Code:
    [10/21/2020 8:35:32 PM] campaign/scripts/imagewindow_toolbar.lua, onInit, Ende
    [10/21/2020 8:35:32 PM] s'scripts/manager_image.lua, setPanelValue :: wPanel.sub' | subwindow = { name = s'sub', x,y,w,h = 0,0,1320,983 }
    [10/21/2020 8:35:32 PM] s'scripts/manager_image.lua, setPanelValue :: wPanel.button_restore' | buttoncontrol = { value = #0, name = s'button_restore', x,y,w,h = 1247,1,0,0 }
    [10/21/2020 8:35:32 PM] s'scripts/manager_image.lua, setPanelValue :: wPanel.button_fullpanel' | buttoncontrol = { value = #0, name = s'button_fullpanel', x,y,w,h = 1271,1,0,0 }
    [10/21/2020 8:35:32 PM] s'scripts/manager_image.lua, setPanelValue :: wPanel.button_close' | buttoncontrol = { value = #0, name = s'button_close', x,y,w,h = 1319,1,0,0 }
    [10/21/2020 8:35:32 PM] s'scripts/manager_image.lua, setPanelValue :: bShow' | bTRUE
    [10/21/2020 8:35:32 PM] s'scripts/manager_image.lua, setPanelValue :: wPanel.button_close.isEnabled()' | bTRUE
    [10/21/2020 8:35:32 PM] s'scripts/manager_image.lua, setPanelValue :: wPanel' | windowinstance = { class = imagebackpanel, node = nil, x,y,w,h = 395,0,1320,983 }
    [10/21/2020 8:35:32 PM] scripts/manager_image.lua, setPanelValue, Ende
    How is the line of sight toolbox generated? Is it actually part of the ruleset? How can parts of the buttons be inactive? Is there something like a non-clickable zone?
    Attached Images Attached Images

If you changed or moved the characterlist panel; it may be overlaying the image panel and blocking input.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks a lot JPG, it was indeed the characterlist panel. It went all the way from the left screen border to the right (well - up to the shortcuts). It looked like a pretty old definition from 8 years ago. I would have never come to the idea of checking that.

Thread Information