Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Popping Maps up

Popping Maps up

Is there a way for me to pop up a map image for the players when I want without have to share it and then have then go and find it in Images?

Xargun

Blog Entries
    Once an image has been shared with a player, their is no way I know of (other than to unshare and re-share) to force an image to pop up for players. Note you can always drag the linkt o chat so players can easily re-open it.

IME, typically this is desired when you want a player to see a map their token is on, they can do this by double clicking their token (from character sheet?) to get the map to open that their token currently is on.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Once an image has been shared with a player, their is no way I know of (other than to unshare and re-share) to force an image to pop up for players. Note you can always drag the linkt o chat so players can easily re-open it.

IME, typically this is desired when you want a player to see a map their token is on, they can do this by double clicking their token (from character sheet?) to get the map to open that their token currently is on.
    Only the DM can double click a token on the CT to have the map open up that the token is on. This doesn't happen for players (they can double click on their token to open their character sheet). They have to find the map in the image list.

You don't need to unshare an image - just share it again and it will pop up for players. Otherwise there's no other way to do it as a pop up. As LE says you can drag the image link into chat or onto a player portrait but all that's going to take longer than just right click and share.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

A little side note here, in my games that I run, I make a reminder note that is public with included links to the current map and other linked elements as well as important info from the last session. This way, the players will have a nice recap and have instant access to what is currently involved in the story.

I think players can double click on their token on their character sheet to pop up the map they're on?

Quote Originally Posted by Ludd_G View Post
    I think players can double click on their token on their character sheet to pop up the map they're on?
    Correct

Quote Originally Posted by Ludd_G View Post
    Well, there you go. I learned something new
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yay!

Thanks for all the information - I will test it and figure out which works best for my group. BTW, when I share maps they do not pop up. Not sure if its a setting or what. Only time things popup for my players if if I manually drag and drop on top of their character icons in the upper left corner.

Xargun

Blog Entries
    Are you using any extensions? What ruleset are you using?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information