FG Spreadshirt Swag

GM Question: How do you handle combat using an NPC that is a specific class?

I'm running the Dead Suns AP, and there are some NPC's in the adventure later on (books 3 and 4) that are a specific class (operative in this case). Not gonna mention which one so I don't spoil anything, but how do you handle the operative actions for an NPC.

If it were a PC, I know how i'd program the effects and dmg and so on (i've already done those for most of my players)... but I fail to see how I can add that to an NPC so it's clickable in the combat tracker (or even the NPC sheet). Is this something that's even possible? For now, I just do the rolls I need with the dice in the chat box and do some manual calculations to see if trick attack works, or whatever class specific action i'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Daso View Post
    I'm running the Dead Suns AP, and there are some NPC's in the adventure later on (books 3 and 4) that are a specific class (operative in this case). Not gonna mention which one so I don't spoil anything, but how do you handle the operative actions for an NPC.

If it were a PC, I know how i'd program the effects and dmg and so on (i've already done those for most of my players)... but I fail to see how I can add that to an NPC so it's clickable in the combat tracker (or even the NPC sheet). Is this something that's even possible? For now, I just do the rolls I need with the dice in the chat box and do some manual calculations to see if trick attack works, or whatever class specific action i'm doing.
    Sadly this is not yet possible, you can roll the Skill from the NPC sheet and then go from there: Programm Trick Attack (or whatever else you need) into a "spell" in the spell list so you can apply it with one click and then do the attack as usual (from the combat tracker or from the NPC sheet.

Thread Information