5E Character Create Playlist

Odd behavior with maps

OK if this is a know issue can someone point me to the work around.

So last night running my normal 5e Fantasy grounds Classic game We are in Dungeon of the Mad mage. So I have a custom map for one of the off shoots. We had been playing for a couple of hours before I try and load the map. When I try and load the map I get "fantasy grounds Database Error: image: Invalid file {file name}" I tried to open another custom map and same error. I then try and open another custom map that I had shared a few weeks ago and it opened fine. It was a good stopping point so we called it for the night. All good there.

I made the image in Dungeon Painter Studio. I was using the "x_oldschool_dnd" so I had expected the map size to be small. After reading stuff on here about image size I went and check out how big my maps were. This one was like 2 megs so a few weeks ago I tweaked it and made it 800 KB. The other map I had tried to open also was another one I had tweaked size wise so I thought I messed the files up. No biggie I had the original unedited DPS files so I just open them up and export them back out. I close down Fantasy grounds Classic to the launcher window put my new 2 meg file back in the images directory overwriting the 800k file and come back into the campaign same error.

So I think it must be an extension. I close out of my campaign and open my handy noaddons campaign. I drop the new map in there same error. So I am now scratching my head. At no point did I fully close out Classic in my testing. I did a bunch more messing around in both campaigns with new files and existing, all getting the same error. All of my testing I did not have any client connected to me. OK I call it for the night and go to bed.

I boot up the laptop this morning and decided to dig in and figure out the problem. The same maps that would not open last night are opening just fine. Even the converted ones which are smaller. So did I hit some sort of buffer problem? If I had fully closed out and came back in would that have fixed it or did I need to reboot?
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135468

Sounds like you needed to completely exit and come back in so that the old data was cleared.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information