Starfinder Playlist

Thread: Merging tabs

Merging tabs

I’m running into a conflict with another extension. The main tab of npcs is disappearing. I theorize it’s due to us both using a different method to merge. Which is the most common practice we should be using?
    <tab name=“tabs” merge=“join”>
    <tab merge=“add”>
    <tabicon></tabicon>
    <subclass></subclass>
    </tab>

Or
    <tab mergerule=“add”>
    <tab>
    <tabicon></tabicon>
    <subclass></subclass>
    </tab>

If this is not an issue, what else could be causing conflict?
    Last edited by pr6i6e6st; October 20th, 2020 at 12:50.

Quote Originally Posted by pr6i6e6st View Post
    I’m running into a conflict with another extension. The main tab of npcs is disappearing. I theorize it’s due to us both using a different method to merge. Which is the most common practice we should be using?
    <tab merge=“add”>
    <tabicon></tabicon>
    <subclass></subclass>
    </tab>

Or
    <tab mergerule=“add”>
    <tab>
    <tabicon></tabicon>
    <subclass></subclass>
    </tab>

If this is not an issue, what else could be causing conflict?
    As its my extension I have an alternate theory. Mine is simply adding a tab - nothing else. Independently both of our software works as designed. Mine changes the tabs default mergerule to add so that any tabs I put in that follow are added. The other extension directly adds the tab. Both are essentially doing the exact same thing - which should not be an issue. I suspect mine has a lower loadorder (which is not confirmed yet - mine is around 99 or something) and is placed in the tab list first. That's fine. Then the other extension modifies the existing tab "order" in the npc list of tabs and then adds another tab. My theory is that this modification to the "order" tab is the cause of all the issues (something I can't really work around on my side).

The test I want to have done is if you change the loadorder to have this "order" tab control operation done before my add - we will see if it all suddenly works. Indicating something with that modification is wrecking the tabs. Because I cannot see how doing a simple add tab - nothing else - would cause the tabs to shift. After mine it will be main/order/inventory - after yours its inventory/order/linklst (main is gone and order has shifted to different spot in tab list)- there should be no way simple add's effect that at all.

The only thing I can see causing the issue is either the order change has somehow been effected by the mergerule changing to default of add - or more likely - tabs are crazy sensitive and changing an existing tab without actually replacing it (just doing something to its internals) shifts the tab order and messes things up. That's my guess anyway.

Again - the key is testing to make sure the loadorder puts my stuff after this order change - if that works - my theory is probably right. If it fails then we'll have to check into it.

As I stated in PM I have no issue on how I do the actual add - but I don't think that is the problem and will not fix anything - the loadorder test would confirm it for sure.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; October 20th, 2020 at 14:04.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

As you don't have a loadorder defined (not sure what that means in terms of who gets loaded first) and on the off chance the mergerule has something weird going on within tabs (it is used a lot in CoreRPG and 5E code - though not for tabs) I've changed to force the merge="add" instead - we will see if your user has issues when he loads the new version from DMsG. Harmless to try it anyway as the behavior does not effect my users one way or the other.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post550559
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Thread Information