5E Character Create Playlist
    Blog Entries

FGC to FGU - All Campaign Level NPCs Loose Assigned Tokens

OK so as the title says.

I've copied/pasted all my stuff from FGC Data directory into the FGU Data directory.

Any NPCs I have in my campaigns have lost their assigned tokens when I open them in FGU.

I brought over all my tokens from FGC as well, putting them in Roaming/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/Tokens.

Across the multiple campaigns I run this is quite literally a cumulative 100s of NPCs that have been rendered without tokens going to FGU.

Re-assigning tokens to each and every one seems like the opposite of the intended experience (and also something I am unwilling to spend my time doing), so I am more than willing to start from the assumption that I've done something wrong.

Can anyone provide suggestions?
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

In FGC, all the tokens were in tokens/host/ or tokens/shared/.
    In FGU, make sure that you keep the host/shared subfolders in place when you copy over to preserve linkages.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    In FGC, all the tokens were in tokens/host/ or tokens/shared/.
    In FGU, make sure that you keep the host/shared subfolders in place when you copy over to preserve linkages.

Regards,
    JPG
    Yes, I have done that... still not working.

Here's a picture of the tokens folder.

Capture1.JPG
    Last edited by JohnD; October 18th, 2020 at 04:08. Reason: Picture
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

They had to be lower case in FGC (i.e. "host" and "shared"). Can you try that?

You can also look at the database file (db.xml) for the campaign or module to see exactly where it is looking for the token files. (Or upload and give an example creature name.)

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Found the fix earlier this afternoon, wife bamboozled me into things and didn't get a chance to post. You are quite right, the directories need to be lower case in FGU.

1. Removed all campaigns and tokens.
    2. Created /host and /shared sub-directories in tokens folder.
    3. Copy/Paste over all tokens within /host and /shared from FGC to corresponding FGU folder.
    4. Start FGU, create new campaign, when loads check to make sure FGU sees the tokens in Assets. If yes, close FGU.
    5. Copy/Paste all campaigns from FGC into FGU.
    6. Start FGU, check campaign to see if campaign level NPCs retain assigned tokens. If yes, great. If no, stumble around in confusion, smash hand with a hammer, go outside and yell at kids on the front lawn.
    7. Start FGU and check multiple campaigns across multiple rulesets just to be safe.

Thanks to Zacchaeus for giving me things to try in Discord this afternoon. Thanks to Moon Wizard for following up here. Thanks to GunbunnyFuFu for leading me through the final fix.

- John Diefenbaker

Thread Information