STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Starfinder Ruleset functionality.

Good morning all.
    I really appreciate all the feedback and bug reporting for Starfinder.
    Everything gets taken in to consideration. I prioritize by how critical.and how much would need to be done.
    This is why you see some simple things added before some comlacated items.

But this post is primarily for those that GM. Most of my experience with FG has been as a player so there are aspects of the software that I might not know about. For example I didnt know there was a trashcan that popped up when a NPC died. Clierts (Players) dont see that. So I was not looking for it.
    So please to all GMs if there is something not showing or working on the GM side dont hesitate to let me know.

Thanks All
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

One thing I've recently noticed in prepping NPC's from Society Scenarios - and may have always been the case so not necessarily a bug - when I prepare a spell casting NPC and lock the NPC, all of the spell casting options disappear on the spell tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    One thing I've recently noticed in prepping NPC's from Society Scenarios - and may have always been the case so not necessarily a bug - when I prepare a spell casting NPC and lock the NPC, all of the spell casting options disappear on the spell tab.
    Yes thats becouse no spells are prepared
    If you unlock the npc at the top of the spells tab you will see the cycler button. Prepration Combat Standard. This works just like the PC spell setup.
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

Thought I cycled through standard, prep and combat and had the same issue, but I will double check.

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Thought I cycled through standard, prep and combat and had the same issue, but I will double check.
    When you in prep you need to select spells just like PCs do then when you lock the selected spells will show

Im guessing it was set up so you can specify what and how many that PC has depending on if you want them full or only partial of there full list.
    Last edited by Samarex; April 16th, 2018 at 11:21.
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

Quote Originally Posted by Samarex View Post
    When you in prep you need to select spells just like PCs do then when you lock the selected spells will show
    There is definitely an initial data display issue in at least the "Spontaneous" caster spell class.

Create a new spell class, change it to spontaneous, enter some spells per level, add some spells - the check circles will appear to the left of the spell name already selected. Lock the NPC and the whole spell class disappears. Close and open the NPC and the spell class is there and works fine from now on. It looks like there is an issue with the initial/new spell class data being displayed when the NPC is locked.

Quote Originally Posted by Samarex View Post
    Im guessing it was set up so you can specify what and how many that PC has depending on if you want them full or only partial of there full list.
    This is the "prepared" spell class from Pathfinder - where casters have access to many, many spells and need to choose which ones they have "prepared" that day.

There are three types of spell class in the Pathfinder ruleset: prepared (wizard/cleric/etc.), spontaneous (sorcerer, etc.) and points spell caster (psionic). You cycle through these by clicking the icon to the left of the spell class name. For official Paizo Starfinder, spontaneous is the only currently relevant option (that I'm aware of) - you don't prepare spells each day.

So - I think there are two things to consider here:
    1) The spell class data isn't displayed correctly when first created and locked. The window needs to be closed and re-opened.
    2) Maybe consider removing "prepared" and "points" options from the spell class. This, however, may cause issues with non-official, third party products which might have different spell casting functionality - so it is probably a good option to leave it in. As a minimum it might be good to have "Spontaneous" as the default spell casting class, so that people aren't confused with having to "prepare" spells that they automatically can cast?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The biggest piece on my mind is the in ability to make a powers group on the Actions tab of the Character sheet. I usually parse most my powers with effect, even if for nothing more than a place holder to remind me in the combat tracker of what is going on. (Case in point, someone casts dancing lights for light, I can make an effect with a Round timer on it. Usually wouldn't time it but it is just an example. In 5e you can click the star button on the bottom of the page and there is am add power button which creates a power group you can rename the powers group within the power itself. In SF you can only create spells and weapons.

I would love an easier way to change up the initiative order when someone readies or holds their turn. Currently I have to type in an initiative number either above or below the person they are going before or after. Also to mark they have a held or readied action.

Hey, I haven't been around for a while (was on vacation, then sick, so I've been out for almost a month) but I have noticed a few updates to the SFRPG package. I am prepping for tonight's game and I'm seeing all the amazing improvements you guys have made, and I want to say, very sincerely,

THANK YOU!!

You're doing a great job. Thanks so much.
    A.J.

“It isn't Narnia, you know," sobbed Lucy. "It's you. We shan't meet you there. And how can we live, never meeting you?"
    "But you shall meet me, dear one," said Aslan.
    "Are -are you there too, Sir?" said Edmund.
    "I am," said Aslan. "But there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Would like to see functionality within the powers/spell effects duration to set an effect put on a target at the end of a players next turn if possible. So if I put say the envoy ability Dispiriting Taunt on a target, the effect will end at the end of my next turn the following round. Right now it is scripted for 5e that ends usually at the end of a round or at the beginning of a monsters turn that has the effect on it.

Thread Information